“We arrived after 9pm while traveling...”

Hilton Garden Inn Valdosta
Ranked #6 of 34 Hotels in Valdosta
Reviewed July 25, 2010

We arrived after 9pm while traveling through on I75 to Florida. We used Trip Advisor to check availability of rooms en route, only to find that most other similar quality (and many lesse quality) properties were fully booked due to a major event being held in town. We were initially dismayed to discover that all 4 of the available rooms were smoking rooms. However, the very friendly and accommodating desk clerk allowed us to check each of them for smell. We were surprised to find that one of them had no traces of smoke smell. We learned later that this is due to it's location on the top floor near the end of the hallway making it one of the last rooms to be occupied. The room was quite comfortable, clean, and quiet, despite it's proximity to the busy outdoor pool, the large numbers of families with young children, and facing the road. This appears to be a newer property as evidenced by the furnishings. Superior service, and they knocked $10 off the price because the room was a smoking room! Excellent experience beyond our expectations!

1  Thank storywell
vldga, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Valdosta, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2011

Dear Storywell,
Thank you so much for your glowing review of our hotel and staff. We are grateful that we were able to accomodate you during your brief stay in Valdosta. We look forward to serving you again soon.
Denise Foster

Reviewed July 18, 2010

I have a phobia of inns, since I was raised going to fancy hotels, but this is no ordinary inn. We stopped here on our way to Florida for the night after driving 15 hours. We entered the room expecting something average. This is far from average. Beautiful comfortable rooms, poofy white bedding, and a flat screen TV. Not to mention the extremely clean and sculpted bathroom. At only 104 a night, it is perfect for a one night stay, and possibly a whole vacation. Enjoy your stay

PS. Free WiFi!

Reviewed July 16, 2010

I had never stayed at this Hilton Garden Inn before, I always picked the Hampton Inn by the Conference Center, but as they didn't have vacancies, HGI Valdosta it was. The hotel staff made me feel welcome and the room didn't disappoint. The manager, Denise ensured that my accessible requirements were met. The rooms were great with large flat screen TVs, everything smelled fresh and the beds were extremely comfortable. The American Grille restaurant in the lobby was reasonable. When checking out, Sidhie was extremely polite and helped me attain Hilton Honors membership.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed July 10, 2010

I most recently stayed in the Hilton Garden Inn for 5 nights in June, however this was my third stay this year. I travel to Valdosta on a regular basis and always opt to stay in the Hilton Garden Inn as my preferred choice. As a traveller who does not have always have access to a rental car, this hotel is located right across the street from the Mall, and within walking distance of several places to eat. The hotel staff are friendly and accomodating, and the hotel is the newest in town. The rooms are always immaculately made up. The breakfast buffet is good, and the hotel restaurant has some excellent choices for dinner. Having in stayed in several hotels in Valdosta, this is the one I keep returning to. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed May 25, 2010

I must admit I am a fussy customer but the HGI @ Valdosta GA met and beat my expectations handily.Really clean still has a new smell look and feel to it.
*****++ all the way.Love the big screen TV & Granite counter.
Will surely stay there on my next visit....strongly recommended if clean is yourthing

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Kavetesh
Reviewed March 27, 2010

I have actually stayed at the Hilton in Valdosta on three seperate occasions and have been very pleased each time. The rooms are large, cozy and well appointed. They always seemed clean compared to other lodgings whereever I have stayed. The bedding is always clean and comfortable - The beds are Sleep Number" so you can adjust the firmness (I like it soft - so I was in heaven.......I have not had a problem falling asleep and staying asleep.
My only wish is - if they only had balconies - but truly, not many hotels do.....can't have everything I guess.
I musn't forget the wonderful home-made chocolate chip cookies that were at the front desk for all to have.
And though I'm not a drinker I noticed they also have a trendy looking bar - off the large lobby area, nice touch for those who partake and if I had company with me I would have tried a glass of wine - for sure.

Upon my return to Florida in a few days I will most certainly stay at this Hilton - again.....

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled solo
2  Thank Dkhillman1
Reviewed March 16, 2010

Upon entering we were met with an unfriendly and discourteous person at the checkin desk , after checking in ,we were leaving but overheard the next person inquire about senior discounts which resulted in an affirmitive response , returning and questioning why we were not so advised he responded , "Well you did not ask did you "
At dinner we experienced absolutely bad service , with both of us returning our steaks as we could not even cut them , together with uncooked potatoes . The server apologised and informed us , that the hotel has an ongoing problem with the kitchen staff . STAY AWAY

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank limeyKawartha
vldga, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Valdosta, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2010

Thank you for the time that you have taken to share your experience. You have provided us with an invaluable opportunity to ensure that each of our guests receive outstanding service.
On behalf of the Hilton Garden Inn, Valdosta and its staff, I would like to extend our sincerest apologies for the experience you had at our property.
It is our greatest desire and pleasure to provide our guests with superior service and hospitality. In this instance, we have fallen short of our goal.
We would truly like to have another opportunity to provide you with the perfect guest experience that is typical for the staff here at the Hilton Garden Inn, Valdosta.