“Very nice people at this establishment”

Hilton Garden Inn Valdosta
Ranked #6 of 34 Hotels in Valdosta
Reviewed October 15, 2013

I've been staying at this hotel for work. I don't have to travel a lot for work, and I'm not a very picky person. The hotel is clean and typical of a Hilton. My work day is pretty long, and I usually don't get back to the hotel until around 8:00 at night, after which I usually try and work out and then get something to eat before going down for the night. The hotel gym is only okay, but it will get the job done. The staff down at the bar/restaurant area are exceptional. I met a bartender named Jennifer who was very friendly. She made going down to the bar for diner alone after a long day of work enjoyable. Now when I go to Valdosta, I always stay at the hilton and as soon as I get in I look to the bar to see who's working.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Kelly S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Valdosta, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2013

Thank you for staying with us and we are glad that you enjoyed your stay! Please stay with us again the next time you are in Valdosta!!

Reviewed October 8, 2013

This is the only place where I'll stay when in Valdosta. I would have rated it 'solid excellent' if the cook on that Sunday morning seemingly was more interested in keeping the food stocked than, apparently, closing down and getting out of there. Maybe next time it will be better. But, again, I will stay at this Hilton Garden Inn because overall it's a great value and the management is the best I've encountered.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Kelly S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Valdosta, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2013

Thank you for staying with us and for the awesome feedback on our hotel, it is appreciated very much! We look forward to seeing you in the near future!

A TripAdvisor Member
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed October 8, 2013

This hotel was very clean and comfortable. The staff was polite and accommodating. And, I felt very safe there. I've always had good service with Hilton, and that remained true here. I would recommend it to anyone stopping in Valdosta!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

It was a pleasure having you stay with us and thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback also.

Please think of us the next time you are in Valdosta!

Reviewed October 6, 2013

My family and i have stayed here a couple times before. each time was pleasant and enjoyable. This time, it was not the same. we noticed that many of the friendly staff that we loved and were treated graciously by no longer work here. From the desk staff to restaurant, our favorites that made us choose this hotel are no longer employed here for whatever reason. Now, most seem unconcerned and impersonal. The room we were in was fine, food and drinks were good as well. But it is the staff we are missing!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay with us. We are sorry we did not live up to your expectations during your stay. Please feel free to call me so we can discuss any issues that you had.
Our staff would love to assist you also, in any way possible!

Reviewed October 4, 2013

From the lobby to the incredible swimming pool to the guest rooms -- everything is done top notch! The meeting rooms we used were well organized. Location to restaurants was nice too as well as how close to the air port. Disney too was very near. Beautiful grounds to enjoy and all felt very safe.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for staying with us and for your feedback on our hotel. We are happy to know you had a great experience at our hotel and please think of us the next time you are in Valdosta!

Reviewed October 1, 2013

This is a comfortable hotel with an excellent staff. The restaurant and bar area are nicely appointed. The hotel has all the amenities for a short stay in Valdosta. It is located conveniently off I-75. I will return when back in the area.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Kelly S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Valdosta, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2013

Thank you so much for your awesome feedback on our hotel! We appreciate you staying with us and hope you will think of us in the future for your next stay in Valdosta.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

We stayed at the hotel Sept. 6-8th for a convention we were attending. The hotel is really easy to find with plenty of other businesses nearby for shopping, eating, fuel, etc. Check in was a breeze and the room was very nice, but that evening when we went to bed (we had a double queen room), we quickly noticed that the bed slept very oddly. the sides of both beds closer to the center table were completely worn out and the farther sides were extremely hard. On each bed that I laid on near the center table (I slept in different beds on both nights), I felt as if the beds was a memory foam and it just sucks you in. My husband complained that his side was extremely hard. We were not sure if the bed had the sleep number systems on them (as they advertise at the front counter), but the gentleman on Saturday told me that the sleep number only applies to King size beds.

Housekeeping came by on Saturday morning at approx. 10:30 am to clean the room, but we informed them that we were getting dressed and would not be done for approximately another half an hour. We left the room approx 45 minutes later, and I placed all of the towels that needed to be replaced in the tub. When we returned that evening around 7:00 p.m., we noticed that housekeeping never came in the room. Beds were unmade, bathroom had not been touched. Yet they were there bright and early on Sunday morning to clean the room to prepare it for someone else on checkout day.

We did not partake in the hotel breakfast or food, as we found a wonderful little country buffett restaurant next to the Cracker Barrel across from the hotel to eat at.

Not a bad hotel, it just didn't meet our expectations of the Hilton brand we've experienced before.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for staying at our hotel, we are sorry that there were issues with your stay. Please know that we have addressed the issues with our staff and we hope to see you in the future to improve your next stay.