“Nice, clean hotel”

Hilton Garden Inn Valdosta
Ranked #6 of 33 Hotels in Valdosta
Reviewed October 23, 2012

This property is located about 1/2 mile off of I-75 in Valdosta, Georgia. It is extremely clean, bright and fairly new. The front desk staff greeted us warmly and were seemingly in very good moods. There is a lounge on-site which is open until 10pm and a restaurant opened which serves American type food, which we did not try during our brief stay.

I was assigned a room on the 5th floor overlooking the front of the hotel. The room was pleasantly decorated and the room offered average cable channels, clean bathroom and good water pressure. I believe we paid just about $110 per night and I feel it was more than acceptable for the accommodation offered. The stay did not have any issues, which is very rare these days.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank LiscomeBay
Kelly S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Valdosta, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2012

Thank you for your review! We're pleased to read that your stay was a great one! We strive to provide our guests with all the best amenities and a friendly staff. We hope to see you in the near future-

Reviewed October 6, 2012

We stayed here while visiting Valdosta State university with my son. The room was very nice, with plenty of room. All of the furnishings were nice and well maintained. There are many restaurants nearby and easy access to shopping areas as well. Front desk staff is awesome!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank rjb1122
Kelly S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Valdosta, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2012

--Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We're pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and that all your expectations were met! We work very hard to ensure that all our guests enjoy a clean and comfortable stay. We look forward to seeing you and your family in the future!

Reviewed September 16, 2012

I am an Hilton Honors Diamond member, so I have stayed at my share of Hilton Garden Inns. This one was very nice. The location was close to interstate 75. Room was large and comfy. My only negative was the restaurant. I ate breakfast there. It was very slow, and the food was not good.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank cliftonlaura
Kelly S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Valdosta, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2012

Thank you so much for your feedback! We at the Hilton Garden Inn Valdosta sincerely apologize that you were unsatisfied with the level of service you received at our restaurant. It is not our standard to have slow service and we are addressing the issues.

We look forward to seeing you soon!

Reviewed September 15, 2012

We stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn last night as a halfway point on our drive to FL. It was so nice and clean. We were greeted by a very nice lady who quickly got us our room. Our room was super clean and looked new and upgraded. It was def better than 3 stars! I would stay there again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank ARosser
Kelly S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Valdosta, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2012

Thank you so much for all the great comments! We try our very best to please each guest and make them feel special-We hope you will keep us in mind when you are in Valdosta again!

Reviewed August 25, 2012

Great location just off of the interstate. We were traveling to Orlando and stopped off here on the way. It was a perfect off and back on the road stop. Clean room, fast (and free) internet, friendly staff, etc. We did not use the restaurant, pool, or gym on this quick stop so I am unable to rate them. The bed was comfortable, but the sleep control did not seem to make any difference on any setting. We had a two year old with us, but yet stayed in a King room. She made for a difficult night's sleep and I would have preferred her to have a bed of her own. Bad call on my part (King was less than two Queens).

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 15, 2012

I would normally give this hotel four stars because it has great potential, but a series of mishaps during my stay lead me to give it two. I checked in on Sunday afternoon, and was about the only person in the hotel that evning. When I made my online reservation, in the comment section I asked to be placed somewhere quiet and away from traffic. The very cheerful young lady at the desk announced she was placing me on the second floor down the hall. When I went to my room, just outside the window was a row of parked cars, and beyond that a busy thoroughfare. I turned the a/c up loud to drown out the noise and went to the pool. When I returned to my room and took a shower, I could hear loud cars passing by outside. I called the front desk expecting to speak with the same young lady, but the phone was answered by someone else. This person was quite impatient and argumentative as to which side of the building was the quiet side. Not wanting to argue on the phone, I announced I would be down shortly. On my way to the lobby, a maid was cleaning a room on the other side of the hall so I asked if I could take a look out the window where I found a small motel next door with a large empty parking lot. The maid said she never heard any kind of noise from that side. When I approached the young black female clerk at the front desk (Mia), and stated that I would like to be moved to a higher floor and the other side of the building, she started snatching things around, clearly annoyed, but she could not continue her argument because the manager was standing nearby, so I took my new keys and left. Then I realized she had taken the old room keys so I stopped to tell her I need to retrieve my stuff, she grabbed another key, coded it in the machine and threw it my way, never apologizing or offering a thank you or any kind of pleasantry whatsoever. Her mannerism was very terse. Later in the evening I went to the American Grill for dinner and was the only one there besides a couple. The female server was very pleasant and provided good service. I ordered two drinks from the bar, which were fine, but my grilled chicken florentine had no spinach. When the server approached the cook, I overheard her being told that the spinach was "forgotten" but a side order was prepared. After I mixed the order of spinach into the "florentine" it was fine. The shrimp cocktail excellent. I had a very quiet, restful sleep that evening. The next morning, I went for the breakfast buffett, which was impressive unless you want hot food to order. The bacon was already prepared and sitting in it's own cold grease, which was inedible. Later in the afternoon, I came back to the hotel to lounge in the pool but it was being occupied by two extremely large beetles (two inches long, and about one inch wide). I went up front and told a cleaning person who then told Mia. Mia never looked up from the desk and acted like no one had said a word to her, so I went back and got into the hot tub, but the jets did not work. I basically sat in hot water. The maintenance man did show up within five minutes and removed the bugs, but as soon as he left another came into the pool and that ended the pool visit. That evening at dinner, there was only one waitperson with the hotel filling up. I was glad I ate early because she was covering all 15-16 tables alone. My cheeseburger, however, was delivered without the cheese, and the bar was out of grenedine, so no fruity cocktails as the night before. I slept well again that night as the beds are very comfortable. But trying to watch tv is a challenge as there are too many stations. I had never seen tv channels with subchannels. I clicked forever and gave up because it was too difficult to find the simple channels I enjoyed at home. I was glad to leave and will probably not stay here in the future.

Room Tip: As for a room on the west side of the building (away from the thoroughfare).
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Penelope N
Kelly S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Valdosta, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2012

Thank you so much for your feedback! We at the Hilton Garden Inn Valdosta sincerely apologize that you were unsatisfied with the level of service you received while you were here. We have reviewed your comments with our staff and have worked to address all concerns. This is not our standard level of service and for that, you have my deepest apologies. If you would like to discuss the situation further, please don’t hesitate to contact me directly.

Reviewed August 11, 2012

Very easy to find right off interstate-fair price-clean room- nice pool (out doors) very friendly staff. Had dinner at the restaurant and it was super tasty and delicious. All homemade, the chef even brought my kids out a complimentary fruit tray- now that's good service! Very friendly and would stay here again & again!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family