“Great lunch spot!”

Hilton Garden Inn Valdosta
Ranked #7 of 33 Hotels in Valdosta
Reviewed May 9, 2012

We live close to this hotel. It's in a very nice area, close to the interstate but for locals, it has a lovely small buffet lunch that is absolutely delicious. Fresh vegetables, lovely setting and very nice folks running it.

Room Tip: We live locally, have only eaten here. Delicious food!
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank JeanB862

Reviewed May 9, 2012

We always stay at this Hilton Garden Inn on our way to Florida. It's very clean, the staff is polite and helpful, and the room is spotless and the bed is very comfortable. The room has Wifi and we used our computer and cell phones with ease. I wish the restaurant/room service were available after 10:00 p.m. as we usually get in late, but there is a pantry store in the hotel where you can buy snacks and microwave food after hours, and there was a microwave and a fridge in the room. This hotel is directly off of an I-75 exit, and we have stayed here several times and know what to expect, which is always nice on a road trip. There's also a complimentary breakfast in the morning, and you can eat at the hotel or box it up to go.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Andrea&Erik
Reviewed May 7, 2012

I will come back and write a review after I officially stay at this hotel. however my reservation process has been horrible to say the least. The hotel options in this city are very slim, and I actually have no other choice but to stay here at this point. I am going to stay here next weekend for a company outing, and we were supposed to receive discounted rates. Everything was great until i called back to book a second room. They not only wouldn't give me a discount (which is fine, because I've since found out that the discounts were for a certain type of room.) However, what is appauling is the fact that they went back to my original reservation and INCREASED the rate!!!! And no one even had the common curtosy to even call and discuss the matter with me beforehand. Please believe that when i get there next week they will get an ear full. It you have any choice in the matter...DO NOT BOOK THIS HOTEL.

Again, I'll write another review after I actually stay. Maybe my opinion will change; but this just happended and I'm TICKED! I have family who works in the hotel business, and I know for a fact that some of these rooms can go for VERY CHEAP for associate rates, so I know they don't need my money that darn bad!!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank LL706
Kelly S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Valdosta, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to give us your valuable feedback. It is our greatest desire to meet our guest's expectations and our most sincere apologies if that has not been achieved. We look forward to seeing you!

Reviewed May 1, 2012

I was visiting the Valdosta area and staying @HGI to see my parents and this girl at the front desk with short hair, instead of saying hello welcome to the Hilton Garden Inn was basically aloof and with a fake smile says may I help you? (Note people can tell if you are fake!!!) When I approached the desk later to ask a question she had this what do you want now attitude!!! Its your job ma'am!!! The young lady I don't remember her name (and I'm glad I forgot it!!!) needed more training on how to treat guests. The rooms and facilities at the hotel are immaculate(kudos to the general manager,engineering and housekeeping staff)and everyone else employed here except for the one BAD APPLE whom have probably been fired by now for her poor customer service skills.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank steve L
Kelly S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Valdosta, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2012

--We're glad to read that you enjoyed our property. We strive to provide all of our guests with a perfect stay and we're sorry that we fell short. Please know that we will be speaking with our staff and please allow us to show you a wonderful stay on you next trip to Valdosta--

Reviewed March 27, 2012

For those of us stopping on the way south, this is one of the better choices along I-75 and right at the Georgia/Florida border. A good stop as weather here is usually similar to that in Florida and for Snowbirds that means the first chance for nice warm temps. The Hilton Garden in is definately one of the better one night stops along the way. We have tried others in the Valdosta area, but this one is used by business travellers as well, so you know it offers a little higher quality, but is also a little higher prices. Get the rooms with breakfast as this one-stop hotel offers made to order breakfasts, served at your table. Sign up for the Hilton points club and you will get preferential treatment.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank gardentourgirl
Kelly S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Valdosta, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2012

We are pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay at our property! We strive to be the best hotel we can, and providing our guests with that is part of our mission. We hope to see you again on your next trip though Valdosta!

Reviewed March 19, 2012

This is your standard Hilton Garden. It is very nice. The resturant and bar could be better. I spoke with the manger about not having coffee 24 hours, or even early morning, she had it changed and now there is coffee at around 5:15 am. My take is the manager is doing the best job she can, but is very limited on budget. Even with it's short comings, it's still probably the best hotel in Valdosta.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Kelly S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Valdosta, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2012

Thank you for your review. We're glad you were happy with our hotel and we are always pleased to take suggestions from our guests. We are working all the time to make our hotel a pleasurable stay for our guests!

Reviewed March 12, 2012

Typical Garden Inn -- clean, comfortable, friendly staff etc. Special feature here was the ability to send a document print command from my netbook to a secure printer in their business center. Ate dinner and breakfast at the Great American Grill within the property. Breakfast was excellent (pay the extra for the room and get the discount for the breakfast...full buffet + cooked to order pretty much anything one wants). Dinner/medium rare steak was medium to well so I sent it back and ordered the second one rare. It was...but it wasn't very tender. Husband's creole shrimp were plentiful and he said good. The poor young man who was both tending bar and waiting tables had his hands FULL! He should have had help...in fact at one point the manager came out of the kitchen carrying plates. Front desk staff was very friendly. I used the guest laundry (one washer and one dryer available) and had a bit of a problem with the washer door...it was just finicky. But the young man who came in to help me couldn't have been more polite and pleasant. Nice place. We would definitely go back if in the area.

Room Tip: Room facing the front...I think there are trains passing in the rear.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family