“Nice hotel for it's caliber”

Hilton Garden Inn Valdosta
Ranked #8 of 33 Hotels in Valdosta
Montreal, Canada
“Nice hotel for it's caliber”
Reviewed September 12, 2011

this is a regular Hilton Garden Inn
nice place to stay if you are staying in Valdosta
good breakfast !

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Grand Rapids, MI
Reviewed September 6, 2011

I stayed here with my family and we found the hotel staff very courteous and professional and the hotel was in impeccable condition. I asked if the hotel was new and they said it had been there for three years.

Breakfast was served semi-full service. You help yourself to fruit and pastries and a server brings the coffee and takes orders for cook-to-order eggs, pancakes, etc. The service was good and the meals prepared well.

Nice hotel for business or pleasure.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Mary Esther, Florida
Reviewed August 26, 2011

I stayed at this particular HGI a year or so back and loved it. I was in town with family and the rooms, service, stay was excellent. Recently, enroute to Albany, GA, I stayed there again with the same result. The hotel is located within walking distance of restaurants, shopping and just about anything you could want. It is also helpful that is a mile or less from the interstate! If you're passing through Valdosta and need a place to stay, I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank BKMitch
Reviewed July 29, 2011

You get outsourced to another country (India?) to be lied to and they are good at it let me tell you! They quote you a price then with your AAA discount it's $27 less! Wow! Then you go to their website and get quoted the same discounted rate!? I called the front desk age told me she was to busy and told me she would direct me to reservations. I questioned the price change and he said because I was booked as 2 queens. When clearly I had booked a king and that the
price on the Internet was not available cause they didn't have any kings and that the person taking my reservation only has small windows when rooms fill? What! He thought I was confused but I wanted to cancel. He said there is no cancellation cause it was done the same day. I requested to speak to a supervisor and waited 10 min. Then he told me to call the hotel? I told him they were too busy to answer my quick questions and he placed me on hold again came back after 10 min. And told me my reservation was cancelled no additional charge. I immediately went online and booked my room at the cheaper rate with the king that was available. Liars!
P.s I've stayed here 4 tines this year and it is an ok hotel to rest your head just check all rates online prior to booking with lying reservationist.

• Stayed July 2011
vldga, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Valdosta, responded to this review, August 4, 2011
We appreciate you as a return guest and thank you for letting us know of the challenge.
I want to sincerely apologize for the inconvenience during your attempt at booking a room here at the Hilton Garden Inn, Valdosta. We strive for rate parity across all of our booking engines. I will be researching the cause of this discrepancy immediately.
Statesboro, Georgia
Reviewed July 17, 2011

My father & I stayed here on our way to Pensacola, Florida. Not only were they super nice & helpful when I called to make the reservation, but very helpful both when I called to say we would be late and also when we arrived. We were going to have dinner in the bar and while speaking with the bartender about the fact that I had worked a full day and then we had been on the road for over 4 hours, she let us know that we could order and have our food dellivered upstairs to our room. Everyone that worked there was very nice, helpful and accommadating! Handicapped parking was right by the doors. The rooms were some of the cleanest I have even seen and very spacious. We will definitely be staying at that location as well as other HGI's in our future travels.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank gaCruisergirl
Tallahassee, Florida
Reviewed July 11, 2011

We stayed at the hotel because we were going to Wild Adventures as a family and we really enjoyed our stay at the hotel. The room was very clean and the bed was very comfortable. We also enjoyed the breakfast we had and the scenery was beautiful so I certainly would stay there again and recommend it to my friends.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank yvonne123434675
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed July 11, 2011

If you want to pay more for the value you get (breakfast quality, hotel front desk service), then stay at this hotel. If you are a smart consumer like I am, then find cheaper alternatives in the area - there're plenty as Valdosta has grown in size!!! First, I had to wait 7+ minutes just to get checked in because the front desk clerk decided that she wanted to spend ridiculous amount of check-in time with the prior customer who had so many frivolous questions. Instead of asking the customer to step aside after getting her keys, she decided she'll ignore me while my elderly mother and a very young child outside in the car in the evening waited and waited. Second, the supposedly 'free b-fast' was not that varied in assortment. The only worthwhile item to note was the crispy bacon which was good. The table service was slow (we got up for our own coffee even though the waitress expected a tip)... and, not sure why there was even a need for a waitress when it was a buffet-style b-fast anyway.
When I got the hotel survey, I filled it out so that the management (especially the Front Desk Management) would know about my experience. While I didn't want a reply to my so-called "anonymous" survey response, I got an email from one of the managers filled with one excuse after another that was 2.5 pages long!!! Everything in the email was to cover up rather than simply saying that they're sorry for the disappointment which would have been enough. Instead, the manager went through iterations of one excuse after another that was simply too much to take. Everything that I wrote in their survey (which doesn't even reward me with anything but tax my time) of which I had hoped they'd take it with sincerity was basically a WASTE OF TIME ON MY PART, as she seemed to point as my misconception or misguided observations. They're Perfect!!! That's why I give them this wonderful rating... just because they think they're "so perfect" that they could do nothing wrong... if you stay here, don't ever complain because they'll blame you as the one who's experiencing it wrong. *** IF ALL HILTON GARDEN INNS are operated like this, I'll NEVER TAKE MY FAMILY OR MYSELF to one. *** There're many competing brands with a lot better value & service.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank SmartConsumer
, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Valdosta, responded to this review, July 15, 2011
We are apologetic of the fact that we did not come up to the guests expectations on a stay with us. Needless to say, we strive to give our best, and we fell short. We are addressing all issues brought up by the guest and assure that everything will be corrected on our end.

Jared D. Johnson