“Exceptional food and service + fresh sourdough bread!”
Review of 306 North

306 North
Ranked #10 of 242 Restaurants in Valdosta
Cuisines: American, Wine Bar
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Offers casual dining with a twist in a relaxed, Southern atmosphere. Visit us for a wonderful and new dining experience. Bar is open until ... Hours: Monday - Thurday: 11AM - 2PM / 5PM - 9PM Friday: 11AM - 2PM / 5PM - 10PM Saturday: 5PM - 10PM 306 North is a locally owned and operated restaurant that features a blend of Southern sophistication with classic comfort. We strive to provide local and fresh product as much as possible. We get fresh produce from local markets. Cheeses from a dairy nearby, and farm raised meats from the area. This supports our community and allows for a superior experience.
Tifton, GA
“Exceptional food and service + fresh sourdough bread!”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

We have enjoyed meals at 306 North in downtown Valdosta several times but feel compelled to share our recent experience. When the waiter was informed we wanted to complete our meal in time to make it to a movie, he skillfully paced our dinner and yet we didn't feel rushed. The sliced tomato salad with balsamic vinegar and gargonzola is wonderful. The hangar steak is incredibly tender and flavorful and the accompanying grilled(!) sweet potato slices were different and delicious. The restaurant has improveded its bread selection and now the sourdough rolls are served hot and perfect. We wish that they would leave a basket on the table but have learned to simply request "another sourdough roll, please" as often as we like! Excellent restaurant experience!

• Visited October 2013
Amy C, Owner at 306 North, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
We are so happy that you enjoyed your meal and that we were able to serve you in a way that allowed you to dine efficiently without being rushed.

Thank you for the suggestion on leaving the roll basket on the table. We like to keep the table free of clutter but, as you noted, we will always provide more rolls. If requested, we will certainly leave the basket on the table, as our guests preferences always overrule our own!

I hope you enjoyed the movie and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Valdosta, Georgia
“Delicious!”
Reviewed October 17, 2013

Valdosta needs more places like this! Love it! If I could change one thing it would be to add music! I was there for my birthday last year and it was our party and one other party and it was incredibly awkward because there was no background music. I could hear everything the other party was saying and when both parties were silent, it was quite awkward. However, delicious food and perfect setting! highly recommend!

Visited November 2012
Amy C, Owner at 306 North, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Thank you for highly recommending us! We take great pleasure in serving our guests and are happy you enjoyed our food and our restaurant.

We do normally have some calm background music playing, but I will check our system to determine if there are any issues. Thank you for sharing!

Warm regards,
Amy Cox,
Huntley, Illinois
“not what we expected”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

We dined at 306 North because of a recommendation from our hotel. It was a Tuesday night so we thought it would be easy to get in and out quickly. Our service was poor. We waited for a long time just to get a glass of wine. When I finished my wine there was sludge in the bottom of the glass. Not normal sediment but nasty stuff. The waiter was rude when I pointed it out. He did take it off our bill but I was half sick from looking at it and wondering what it really was. The service was very slow and the food was just mediocre. I would not waste my money to dine there again.

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank ozzie11_11
Amy C, Owner at 306 North, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
I apologize for the experience you had at our restaurant and the poor service your experienced. I would like the opportunity to learn more your evening so we can adjust the shortcomings you noted, as well as learn if there is any way we can make up for our poor showing.

Please call me at your convenience: (229)249-5333.

Houston, Texas
“Great southern cuisine”
Reviewed September 14, 2013

Great service, knowledgeable waiter, awesome southern food. I had shrimp and grits and it was amazing. Pleasant surprise in Valdosta, although its a bigger city than I thought it would be.

• Visited September 2013
Amy C, Owner at 306 North, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
We are delighted you enjoyed your service, waiter and food! Thank you for stopping by during your visit to Valdosta.

Please come see us again the next time your travels bring you from TX to South Georgia!

Warm regards,
306 North
“Excellent and open on Monday”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

The food and service were excellent and welcome in this tiny town of Valdosta. Most of the other non-chain restaurants are closed Sundays and Mondays here. The decor is urban chic minimalist and lovely. Food was described and prepared perfectly, though the menu is a bit limited. That being said , I had the scallops and my daughter had the shrimp , both were excellent, but you get what you pay for. Not cheap. Without drinks it was over $60.00 + tip.

• Visited August 2013
Amy C, Owner at 306 North, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Susan,

We appreciate your kind words and are glad both you and your daughter enjoyed your meals!

We hope to see you again soon.