“Small town sizzle with big city bite!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of 306 North

306 North
Ranked #7 of 236 Restaurants in Valdosta
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Offers casual dining with a twist in a relaxed, Southern atmosphere. Visit us for a wonderful and new dining experience. Bar is open until ... Hours: Monday - Thurday: 11AM - 2PM / 5PM - 9PM Friday: 11AM - 2PM / 5PM - 10PM Saturday: 5PM - 10PM 306 North is a locally owned and operated restaurant that features a blend of Southern sophistication with classic comfort. We strive to provide local and fresh product as much as possible. We get fresh produce from local markets. Cheeses from a dairy nearby, and farm raised meats from the area. This supports our community and allows for a superior experience.
Fayetteville, Georgia
“Small town sizzle with big city bite!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

My bf and I are in a long distance relationship and decided to meet halfway in Valdosta for the weekend. We weren't encouraged that there would be a lot for us to do but we read other reviews for this restaurant and were hopeful that at least we'd have a pleasant dining experience - and that we did!!
306 North is a great find in a small town; an exciting menu with fine dining offerings offered at chain restaurant prices - we had apps, drinks and 2 entrees and spent less than $75 before the tip.
There are still a few kinks that demonstrate they're not quite 5 star caliber yet(bruschetta in the smoked duck appetizer was burnt, and I looked at our cocktails sitting on the bar top FOREVER before our server went to grab them) but the overall experience was still rather enjoyable, and the sincerity of the staff says they're working hard to get there.
Above everything, small town hospitality is in ample supply and you enjoy a great meal with none of the stuffiness the menu might suggest you should expect. If Valdosta is in your travel path anytime soon, do your taste buds a favor and pop in to 306 North, it's well worth it!

Visited April 2013
Amy C, Owner at 306 North, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Camille,

Thank you for choosing to dine with us at 306 North. We're so happy you enjoyed your time with us, although we are disappointed to hear of the few kinks you noted. We will use your feedback to improve and ensure we always provide a 5-star experience.

Please come see us again when you come back to Valdosta.

Valdosta, Georgia
“Surprise!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013

This past weekend was my 21st birthday. My boyfriend lives in Michigan so we rarely see each other because of the long distance and our hectic school schedules. I thought I was meeting my parents at 306 North but when I showed up my boyfriend had surprised me instead. Everybody including the 306 North staff was in on it. The staff was incredible and so sweet! They set us up in our own room, had flowers on the table and made sure everything was perfect for us. The drinks were amazing as well as the food. It was a great atmosphere and we felt very special the whole time we were there. I can wait to go back. Thanks to everyone at 306 North for making my 21st birthday the best one yet!

• Visited April 2013
Amy C, Owner at 306 North, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Happy Birthday and thank you for your feedback. We are glad you enjoyed and were surprised on your birthday, and hope to see you again soon.

Congratulations on your 21st,
Atlanta, Georgia
“Wish it had been better”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

We came here as a second choice, first restaurant was closed. Great looking, American cuisine menu. Average wine list. Prices fine for food offered. Beautiful building, easy parking. Very attentive service, if somewhat unpolished. Dirty plates stayed on table too long. otherwise, service very sweet and polite. She crab soup excellent. Caesar salad missing croutons, quesadillas missing sour cream. All three entrees over cooked. Filet ordered medium had no pink, presented well done. Salmon filet very thin and also overcooked. Scallops beautifully sauced, also cooked 2 minutes too long. Such a shame, with tiny adjustments from the kitchen, would have given it 4.5 to 5 stars. On the up side, we had 3 children with us and they were very accommodating to our family. Would try again, maybe we caught the chef on an off night.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Amy C, Owner at 306 North, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Thank you for your review. We are disappointed that we did not provide an exceptional experience and do hope you try us again. We will share your input with our chef to ensure we eliminate the shortcomings you noted.

I apologize and thank you again for your feedback.

Georgia
“One of my newest favorite restaurants A+”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

306 North was great! I'm a college student and the prices are higher than most restaurants, but the quality of the food is better as well. I enjoyed the service the two times I've gone. I highly recommended the pork loin, duck, cabbage, and spinach salad. The second time I went, I ordered scallops and they're pretty small. I will stick to the pork loin. My fiance adores the ribeye steak too! Each time I've went, the bill has been $60+ and we didn't mind because the food was great! Tipping the servers more than 20 percent was not a problem for us. I will go back to this place, and cannot wait until it gets hot to sit on the patio portion.

• Visited March 2013
Amy C, Owner at 306 North, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Ashlee,

Thank you for giving 306 North an A+. We are excited that you enjoyed your food and your service and look forward to having you enjoy our patio when it gets warmer!

Thanks again,
Utica, New York
“A Gem in the Rough”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2013

Passing through Valdosta for the first time, we decided to visit the old town section as we often do in a new city. Downtown Valdosta is depressing but 306 North made the trip all worthwhile.

The young bartender and waiter were both students at the local university and their service and demeanors were impeccable. True, young, southern gentlemen.

The room was very appealing and the Maitre-D made us feel at home in a friendly, professional way. He suggested a wonderful Austrian white wine ($4 during Happy Hour), and then a Washington State Red with dinner when our first choice was not available. Both were superb, as was his service.

The food was magnificent. I had the chicken cordon blue and my wife enjoyed the recommended redfish. The gouda grits accompaniment was wonderful. Sam the chef made a point of coming by and ensuring dinner met our approval. We had full dinners, desert, and a bottle of wine for $75 before tip.

We only wish we could transplant this gem to upstate New York.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Amy C, Owner at 306 North, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Thank you for visiting us at 306 North as you passed through Valdosta, and for sharing your feedback on the experience. We are very happy you enjoyed your meal and our service, and we will share your comments with our team. Please stop by again should your travels bring you back to Valdosta!