“Waste of time and money!”

Benton Lee's Steak House
Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Uvalda
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 3, 2014

We drove two hours to try Benton's Lees Steakhouse. Looking at the full parking lot maybe they have something on the menu that is good but STEAK is not it.The portions are large but very low quality meat. Tough to the point of inedible and very fatty with no seasoning and served with generic steaksauce. We ordered one medium and one well. The medium was rare towards blue rare and bled all over the platter making the fries bloody soggy and the roll bloody soggy as well. The well done was well but tough as cow hide.Salad was just packaged lettuce nothing else. Atmosphere was casual and loud which would have been fine if the food had been edible. Best thing I had was a bottled beer. Manager/owner could have cared less about the quality of the meal when we checked out.

3  Thank KDLewis2014

Reviewed March 1, 2014

My husband and I dined there with another couple. One steak was chewy but the other three were outright tough. I ordered my steak medium as did two other members of our party. When ordering I even explained that I would like it prepared with a band of pink in the middle. When it arrived it was rare, room temp and VERY tough. The waitress dropped our food of in a rush and did not even ask us if everything was ok of if we had everything we needed before departing. It took us 7/8 minutes to get her to return to the table to correct the problem, was informed she would be back in a minute to get my steak. She return to the table about 10 minutes later. I explained to her the steak was inedible, prepared incorrectly and that I would like to order a different steak. She tried to discourage my request and I was told she would need to ask the owner if that could be done. When she finally returned to take my reorder, it was clear to me she did not know what I meant when I explained how I expected a medium steak should be prepared. How can a restaurant who specializes in steaks not understand how a medium steak should be prepared? After being grossly disappointed and my complaint treated with little concern, I returned my whole meal and decided to forgo eating altogether. The waitress informed me I could get up and go speak with the manager. Having been served a horrible meal why should I be asked to get up to see the manager. She/he should come to the table to try to rectify the situation. As to the other details of our dining experience: cheap steak sauces and ketchup, disposable cups, self service drinks, out of a bag salad, soggy french fries and cold dinner roll.

4  Thank Racecar28
Reviewed February 26, 2014

I live in Atlanta where steak houses are primo.., but nothing like this place .. Best steak I've ever put in my mouth..friendly staff .. And the cole slaw is better than any other I've tasted as well!
If you like big steak portions cooked to order in a casual atmosphere where you can relax by the river this is the place to be..

1  Thank Scott A
Reviewed January 25, 2014

My husband has been telling me about this restaurant for years. Since we were in the area, I agreed to eat there just to be able to visualize the place. I would say the best thing was the view of the river and the crazy people who were camping out nearby in sub-freezing temperatures. Our server did not seem to be the least bit interested in us. It took her quite a while to come to the table to take our order. After we had finished she did not return to see if we needed anything. We both got the small t-bone which was the smallest steak on the menu. It was far more than I could eat even removing the large amount of fat. The salad was pitiful - appeared to be straight out of a bag, and not a fresh bag. There was a small cold roll on the plate. I asked for a sweet potato instead of fries. They were out of sweet potatoes but I was able to get a baked potato which arrived some time after the steak was served. Been there, done that, don't need to go again.

2  Thank Mary Anne H
Reviewed January 1, 2014

Cold, greasy, tough, tasteless,overpriced fare served with packaged condiments ,lifeless salads,less than clean tables and utensils,and oh ! you have to get your own drinks at the messy self serve station.When I pay over ten bucks for a meal I do not expect to have to get my own drink however I would have preferred to have cooked the food myself at least it would have been done and perhaps a whole lot less greasy .And another thing that really blew my mind was the shrimp dinner that was clearly listed on the front of the menu for ten bucks,became an eighteen dollar price at the register.The cashier slash owner was rude and told me I had ordered the adult meal and the childrens meal was the one for ten bucks .What I did not get was the fact the childs menu was on the back of the page not on the front from where I ordered.Do your self a favor and do not waste your time or money on this high priced dive There are to many good restaurants on scenic waterways that have better food and prices that are not downstream from a nuclear power plant like this dump is.I have had much more enjoyable meals from McDonald's ...........

3  Thank ron s

Been to Benton Lee's Steak House? Share your experiences!