“More steak than you can handle”

Benton Lee's Steak House
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Uvalda
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 27, 2012

Value come ready to eat for days. Clean and great place to just hang out

1  Thank Sheryl M

Reviewed June 23, 2012

Rather than bore you with unnecessary details I'll get right to the point.

The place was hot when we walked in.

Our server seemed to be in a hurry and rushed us to place our order stopping just short of being rude.

We were entertained by swatting at flies while waiting on the food. I also noticed other people sitting near by swatting the flies away from their table.

Our meals arrived a funky tin serving tray. My wife was surprised that we we going to eat directly off the tin tray. I ordered my steak rare and she medium rare. My steak was a passable med. rare but my wife's steak was overcooked somewhere in med/med well range. I told her to send it back but she was willing to roll with it. I told her no way since we were at a "STEAK HOUSE." The second steak arrived WELL DONE almost to the point of becoming jerky and the third was barely passable.

Here's the kicker....WE drove 68 miles past the local Long Horn Steak House to eat at Benton Lee's

5  Thank Shamrock1501
Reviewed June 17, 2012

My husband and I walked in we were greeted. A waitress named Nicole was very nice.
We ordered the frog legs they were little greasy and swampy taste yuck!!!! that was our
appetizer. We ordered the T-bone steaks I ordered my steak well done my husband as
well. Our food came in a timely manner steaks were cooked as order. I must say for the
steaks I could only eat half if it's that the rest in a to go box. The coleslaw was to runny,but draining the excess liquid off into my husband bowl which he did not mind.
Did not eat the dinner roll it was cold,to me it seem like those dinner rolls you buy from
Kroger you put in the oven for about 2mins. I did not like the flies in the restaurant maybe they should install a blower at the door for the summertime. They give you alot of
fries with your meal if you're a fry lover. The steaks were really good and so was the server named "Nicole".

1  Thank Jacqueline735
Reviewed June 10, 2012

We drove two and a half hours to Benton Lee's to be turned away before seeing Troy Landry. Our three young boys were VERY upset. I am not sure I understand; why was this event advertised, but could not handle the crowd? We arrived at the turn off to Benton Lee's at 2:15. The event was supposed to last until 5:00. And, we were not the only ones. I would guess that 100 or more cars were not allowed down the road.

Rika Dow
Woodbine, GA

2  Thank Rika D
Reviewed April 7, 2012

We came to Brenton lee Steak House for dinner with family. The table was dirty but they provided a paper towel on the table, so we clean ourself, thanks! It took a while to wait for food. Since we drove for 30-40 minutes, we would appreciate some bread or salad on the table before dinner but they bring it only with food. Yes, Food: t-bone was much below our expectations, baked potato was not fully cooked but they burned fries on the sea food plater. Quail was uneatable, tasted like a piece of gum, you can not even chew it. In a few minutes after we got our dinner, they started to clean using very strong chemicals (mostly chlorine). It was stinking so horribly that we could not finish our dinner, I just wonder, some people were just getting their food at that time, it was the the odor like you eat at the restroom. Nobody came to our table to ask how is our food, we saw the owner, she was at the bar, did not pay attention to what was going on. We waisted our money and time. Never plan to go to that place again.

3  Thank Ena314