“Scary Place!”

Country Hearth Inn Union City
Ranked #10 of 10 Hotels in Union City
Reviewed January 9, 2014

I read the reviews and decided to book for my family for a place to stop on our way to Florida. We arrived at 11:30 p.m. and went into the lobby to find a 3 inch bullet proof glass window between the lobby and the guy checking us in. That was a bit weird but he was friendly and got our room key to us with little wait. We went back out to our van - and these people were watching us unload (they were staring out of their windows just watching us - like 3 rooms of people - it was very creepy). We carried our bags into the hallway and the moment we opened the door were blown away by the cigarette smokey smell. Then we turned a corner only to find a giant, bowling ball size hole in the wall - that was a bit disconcerting. We walked into our room to find a giant hole in our comforter and the lights were dim and didn't come on all the way. We all looked at each other (my 3 children are all grown) and walked right back out, got into the van and left. We had prepaid the $54.00 on Orbitz - totally didn't care if we lost our money. We did NOT feel safe at this hotel. 100% sketchy. We turned our key in and just told the guy on duty behind the bullet proof glass that we did not feel safe and had to leave.
We drove another hour south and found a nice family hotel to stop at and get some sleep. Whew!! What a scary ordeal. I'm not sure how my experience varied so much from the other posters who have stayed here? We did not feel was not a safe place for our family.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank 5inOklahoma

Reviewed November 14, 2013

I had to catch a flight out of Atlanta. My house was in desrepair, and I wanted someplace cheap. I decided to do the Country Hearth. The motel was really nice. Staff was nice and helpful. Our room was clean, and the beds were nice. Motel is close to the airport, I-85, and a few restaurants. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 3, 2012

This is the first time I ever chose to stay in a hotel other than the Marriott, Hyatt or the Hilton. but do to my belongings getting missed placed including wallet. I was really impressed with the exterior not to mention the luxurious entrance and just simply blown away with the service and the apperance of the business suites. When I say alot for less its really and understatement. When the airlines called to return my belonging I chose to stay here and been sold with Country Hearth Inn. Ever Since........

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 15, 2011

my family and i spent a night there it was horrible the carpet on the floor is in dire need of replacement. the internet wasnt available we had to go to the front desk for towels the linens were dirty it was awful for the price we paid we asked for a refund but to no avail.

Room Tip: try a different hotel
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank p s
Reviewed September 6, 2010

The first time my boyfriend and I stayed it was late and we stayed overnight just to crash! The second time we went however there was a beer cap in the bathroom on the floor, cigerette butts and paper behind the desk, dispoable cups under the bed and the room had the worst ordor! Upon pulling the covers back we found a large brown stain on the comforter! The guy at the front desk was very friendly and gave us a full refund since there was NO way we were sleeping there!

• Stayed: August 2010
Reviewed April 28, 2008

Spent one night in Days Inn Union City - Horrible. Moved into the Country Hearth Inn & Suites - Union City. Booked 6 rooms for a wedding party at the last minute. Although the Motel is going through a renovation and the Swimming Pool was not operational, this was one of the best stays I have had. The Manager personally catered to our every need. Rooms were well maintained and housekeeping was outstanding. A last minute wedding pizza party was no problem for the manager as he did everything possible to make our stay very comfortable. The Motel is conveniently located and in a very safe neighborhood. Within walking distance of a Wal Mart and a strip mall. Several restaurants within easy driving area. Very customer oriented. If we ever go back near Atlanta/Union city we will stay there again. Highly recommend this Motel.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed January 26, 2008

Just completed a 3 night stay at the Country Hearth in Union City GA. The place was drab, the carpet was in need of replacement and felt dirty to the feet. The heater did not work even after supposed repair. The first time we reported the heat not working they offered to move us to another room It was late, we were tired so we chose to remain where we were. When we checked in there were not enough towels and no one could give us any til the next morning. No one gave us any til we returned at night. The room was not cleaned the first day. We returned to dirty towels and unmade beds. The continental breakfast the first day had no coffee, no fruit. The desk clerk did make fresh coffee and get bagels at our request. The second day the the raisin brans (which I ate the last of the first day) had not been replaced and there was not fruit, 6 slices of white bread, 3 bagels cut in half, and no coffee cups ( had to wait for manager to get some cups),no tea or hot water.. Do not let the picture of the continental breakfast deceive you. After supposed repair the heater it still dis not work- blew cold air. The hot water in the shower ran out- look warm.

Stayed: January 2008