“Above and beyond service”

Magnuson Hotel Atlanta South
Magnuson Hotel Atlanta South
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Union City
Springfield, Massachusetts
“Above and beyond service”
Reviewed July 22, 2008

After an unbelievably long and unexpected night stuck at the Atlanta Airport, my colleague and I finally got our flight rebooked for the following evening. Of course since there were so many other folks in the same predicament, there was not a hotel room to be found in Atlanta. A cab driver recommended this place (which does not have a shuttle to the airport) and we hopped on the tip. I'll admit, I was a bit tentative about staying at a Days Inn outside of Atlanta in a place I'd never been before, but I was pleasantly surprised. Not only was this one of the cleanest hotel rooms I have ever stayed in, but the staff was exceptionally courteous, kind and very helpful. They checked us in at 4 in the morning, they allowed us to stay until noon and they called cabs for us and informed us of all the amenities we needed in the area. They should all be commended!

• Liked — Friendliness
  • Disliked — They need shuttle service to the airport or at least to advertise at the airport.
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
DaysInnUnionCityGA, Manager at Magnuson Hotel Atlanta South, responded to this review, May 22, 2009
Thank you for taking the time to put a very nice comment about us. It means a lot to our staff to be recognized by a guest.
Soon we will have a shuttle service, therefore, we look forward to picking you and your family when you visit Atlanta. Thank you again,

Suni

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Union city
Reviewed May 3, 2008

My family and I love this hotel and its staff. On several different visits the staff has always remembered my name. At some hotels you would expect to hear outside noises from other guests, but at this hotel it is always quiet and peaceful. The hotel rooms are always clean. The continental breakfast which consists of pastries, sausage biscuits, cereals, and various liquids is always fresh. The hotel also offers guests access to the internet in the hotel lobby and the rooms have wireless access. I also like that I have access to a laundry room on the premises and then am able to go to the room and use the hotel -provided ironing board and iron. With a mall and various restaurants and Kroger located within walking distance, it feels like home when I can go back to the hotel room and use the provided mini fridge and microwave and then flip the channels on the cable. Even though I pass by many hotels in my travels. I will always make it a point to come back to this one! The staff will always make sure your stay is well taken care of and will assist in any way possible to make your stay feel like home.

• Liked — staff
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Content2
Charlotte
Reviewed October 14, 2007

The staff was extremely welcoming and nice. Check-in and check-out was a breeze, and the room was nice and clean with amenities such as free internet, microwave, minifridge, cable, and a coffee maker. Plenty of towels and other necessities. The only negative thing about the room was that the night's sleep was terrible; the mattress was hard and I was left in excruciating back pain for the next two days.

• Liked — free internet access
  • Disliked — mattress on the bed
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank KJG0813
Winchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 27, 2006

Liked it very much. We arrived without booking, staff polite, site well kept, room clean. Convenient for airport but not too close. Negotiated a really good rate. Breakfast a bit meagre compared to other Days inns

• Liked — Clean & well kept
  • Disliked — Not much breakfast
  • Tips/Secrets — Shannon shopping mall nearby worth a look. If returning rental car to Dollar, the sign is not easy to spot from highway 29!
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled as a couple
#5 of 10 in Union City
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fairburn
Wingate by Wyndham Atlanta Airport Fairburn
Western Inn & Suites Union City

Been to Magnuson Hotel Atlanta South? Share your experiences!