“Stay Away”

Cuisines: American
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Stay Away”
Reviewed July 3, 2014 via mobile

The food is tasteless. If you like canned beans and instant mashed potatoes this is the place for you. The food was very dried out.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Yooper33

Smyrna, Tennessee
“Food tasted good but not hot.”
Reviewed January 26, 2014

We were looking for a place to eat and decided to try this buffet. The price was very reasonable. They had a good variety of food, but the hot food was not hot, not even warm, just room temperature. The exception was the soup, which my wife tried and she said it was nice and hot, and tasted like home made. The floor around the buffet was a little sticky, so they were not too good about keeping up with cleaning. There was also a hibachi grill where you could choose items and have them fresh cooked, but we did not try that. If you are hungry for good southern cooking for a low price, this would be a place to try. We were of a different ethnicity than the staff and 80% of the customers, but we did not feel uncomfortable.
Of course being a buffet, you get your own food, but they did have servers to bring drinks. The service was quite slow, and we had been through the line and eaten half our food before they brought our drinks. They were busy, but even at that I thought the service was poor.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Ken H
Atlanta, Georgia
“Warning: Do Not Enter”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

My husband and I went here after they first opened, so maybe they have improved. Goodness, they could not get worse. Just a typical buffet, pay before you eat and go grab your food. Not much service, they bring your drinks and silverware. Everything was so bland, it needed seasoning and spices, like salt and pepper. I couldn't finish what I had on my plate. There are so many other restaurants close by that are so much better that I wouldn't waste my money. But it has been a year since I have been so maybe they have improved because there are always a few cars in the parking lot or maybe they suckered other people like they did me and my husband.

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank hotelbandit2010
Fayetteville, Georgia
“Great Southern Cooking”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Was recommended by a friend, so we gave it a try. We left happy. It's home cooking buffet style. Food is good, especially the fried chicken. The service was also good. We definitely will eat here again.

• Visited April 2013