“NOTHING MORE THAN THIEVES!”

Stay Express Inn & Suites Union City Near Atlanta Airport
Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Union City
Reviewed February 22, 2013

I booked this hotel through hotels.com and did not receive an email letting me know if my room was charged or if i had a room at all. So i called hotels.com and they no it didn't go through and i wasn't charged. I then called the hotel and confirmed no charge. I was told i i had no reservation and no charge and that the room should not have been sold because the hotel was oversold for the evening. I'm like oke ii'll go somewhere else. So I did. The next morning i got an email confirming the room charge sayong no show no call to an over sold hotel that i did call. I talked with the manager and she said hotels.com need sto refund itwhich is not true. Then she tells me the hotels are the ones who do the refunding but we have a no refund policy. Then she told me that there was a room (206) that was set aside for me and they put someone else in there charging them too. So bottom line TOTAL THIEVES! In the process of having my bank do a back charge. DO NOT STAY IN THIS RIP OFF PLACE!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed February 12, 2013

Room 210, could not access after 3 new key cards were made. Moved to 216 and the room is nasty. I have stayed several times at the Mobil, Al Microtel and it was good so I booked this Atlanta location for 3 nights and checked out very early the next AM. I invite you to go look at that room and I also took some photos. The window seat cushion looked like someone got sick on it, bath mat was nasty looking when I unfolded it and laid on the floor, so never took a shower, sheets on the bed have stains and lint covered, floor never appeared to be even vac and elevator was also very dirty floor/carpet mat. TV remote did not work, food crumbs on the night stand, clerk called his MOTHER on the phone when I ask to check out early as he didn't know what to do since he had already processed my American Express for 3 nights stay. Desk chair structure is dirty like someone with work boots had their feet on the wood cross bars and left black oil or dirt all over the bottom of the chair, even the white entry doors are nasty dirty, don't look like they have ever been cleaned.......The whole place is nasty dirty so I wouldn't even get ice or anything to drink or eat out of the breakfast area......YOU NEED TO GO INSPECT THIS NASTY DIRTY PROPERTY

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed January 30, 2013

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 25, 2013

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 17, 2013

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed January 15, 2013

They could be a little more service-oriented. Also, the beds were too hard for my preference. The TV stations were weak and the internet slow. Lastly, the bathroom didn't always feel the cleanest, and the lack of hot water was more than disappointing.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed January 7, 2013

My wife, dog, and I are taking a 30-day cross country trip from PA to CA and back spring of 2013. Our first stop was to be at this Microtel Inn, Union City. We travel with a 100lb German Shepherd but he has traveled cross country before with 0 instances at any place we stayed. He is a great, well behaved dog. We chose Microtel because their website said they were pet friendly & we stayed at others and continue to do so in other areas. We made our reservation without any problem. I called a week later to start confirming our reservations and at this point, the person I talked to at Microtel asked the weight of our dog. I won't lie (it's kind of hard to hide a 100 lb. dog!) and he informed me that they only take dogs up to 20 pounds. I informed him that his website (not the national website but theirs) says up to 2 dogs are welcome for a $15.00 fee. Nowhere does it say there is a weight restriction. They could not give me a reasonable explanation as to why the weight restriction is not listed and they would not sway from their policy. Had I not called to confirm reservations, we would have showed up there and been told that we can not stay due to this pet restriction that is not listed anywhere. I cancelled and made a reservation elsewhere and they have no problem with any size pet. I understand a lot of places are not pet friendly and we are ok with that but if you are going to have a pet friendly hotel, list your stipulations. I do not hold Microtel Inc. totally responsible, just this particular one. We have a group of friends traveling this summer and going to this area and I informed them of our problem and to say the least, they will not be staying there. We are not "dog crazy" people but it is a little more involved traveling and finding places to stay with a pet. I was initially happy that we found this place but are so glad we found out their policies before we got there and found somewhere that we will be happy with.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Quality Inn, Union City
#3 of 10 in Union City
Hampton Inn Atlanta-Fairburn
La Quinta Inn & Suites Union City

Been to Stay Express Inn & Suites Union City Near Atlanta Airport? Share your experiences!