Stay Express Inn & Suites Union City Near Atlanta Airport
Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Union City
COLUMBUS
“stay”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2012

Kids weed in the hallway....Key cards didn't work. Got moved to the second floor of the building but but was very noisy due to thin walls

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Pensacola Beach, Florida, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2012

The place looks really nice outside and in the lobby, but as soon as I went to my room, oh my god.....it had the lingering smell of smoke even though it was a non smoking room and there was pubic hairs all over my sheets when I went to go to bed! So I called the front desk and the lady very rudely told me that she was on lunch and I could pick up some sheets from the front desk in 20 min....IT WAS 11:00PM!!! So I took the sheets off and too my absolute disbelief there was urine stains from the top to the bottom of the mattress!!! THEY SHOULDNT BE ABLE TO OPERATE WITH THESE CONDITIONS! I had my two year old son and 17 yr old cousin with me that night; and that same night at about 11:30 I checked us out and lost my money but I COULD NOT STAY THERE ANOTHER MINUTE! To make matters worse which was also my fault- the lady charged my credit card $10 more than the price she quoted me and I did not realize it till I check my account later the next day. I ended up paying for another hotel nearby and in tears told them everything that had happened and the lady told me that people mostly stay at that hotel to party and do other questionable things, they also gave me $10 off the room because I had so many problems at the Microtel. It was seriously the worst hotel experience I've ever had. Save yourself and the hassle and the money and just KEEP DRIVING!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Union City, Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2012

The pictures looked great online. Got here disgusting. Bathroom needs repaired bad, sheets needed bleached, saw a gnat on bed. Beds and pillow gross. Furniture needs replaced. I could keep on going. Have to stay here another two nights because everything else is booked for NASCAR weekend. I slept with my clothes on. Not even going to try the breakfast. Doesn't Microtel have inspectors for the hotels??? Lobby discusting too. WOW!! Don't stay here!!!!

Room Tip: Keep driving by!!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Columbus, Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2012

I have never written a hotel review before, but this hotel was so dirty I feel like I need to write a review. I don't think the carpet was vacuumed (multiple pieces of dirt on floor, also a coin on the floor.) Also the comforter and sheets were very dirty (multiple specks of dirt and brightly colored lint). Also dust and dirt were caked in the bedframe on the sides. Also there was hair in the shower. This hotel is cheap, but there is a reason. The workers were nice enough, but I couldn't get over the uncleanliness. If I had it to do all over again, I'd rather stay overnight in the airport (something I never thought I'd say, as I was a female travelling solo).

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Farid K, Manager at Stay Express Inn & Suites Union City Near Atlanta Airport, responded to this review, May 31, 2012
Farid Khan, Front Office Manager at Microtel Inn Union City, responded to this review
May 31,2012,

I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for your unpleasant experience as a guest of the Microtel Inn and suites Union City. I appreciate the time that you took to bring this matter to our attention. I assure you that the matter will be looked into.

Once again, I apologize for your unpleasant stay and any inconvenience we may have caused you. Please feel welcome at our hotel in your future travels.

Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2012

The location is close to I-85 and the price is cheap but the bathroom needs some repairs. I had my son book it for me while I was driving and he didn't check reviews. The hair dryer had black electrical tape on the cord. Doesn't seem very safe to me. Probably would not stay here again. I normally try to stay at Microtel because they are cheaper than most others and I only need a place to sleep and shower. There are other hotels near this one. The night was very polite so I won't give him a bad review

• Stayed May 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Farid K, Manager at Stay Express Inn & Suites Union City Near Atlanta Airport, responded to this review, May 8, 2012
May 8,2012

Santaquin, Utah, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2012

I don't recommend staying at this hotel. Beds were hard, felt the springs, walls dirty, old tv furniture falling apart. and Customer service was not very good.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank amp84601
Farid K, Front Office Manager at Stay Express Inn & Suites Union City Near Atlanta Airport, responded to this review, March 16, 2012

Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2012

I was able to visit Microtel Inn Union City as a result of a layover in Atlanta. I previously booked with another motel which I found to be displeasing. The service at Microtel Inn Union City started with the transportation staff and the excellence echoed through the motel staff. As I did not have a reservation, check-in was fast and efficient: I was in my room in less than 10 minutes after arriving. The staff made my stay extremely comfortable - enabling me to complete some much needed work and receive some great rest. My experience ended on a great note with the transportation staff as well. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND STAYING AT MICROTEL INN UNION CITY if you are in the Atlanta Airport or surrounding area!!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank NeonKing
Farid K, Manager at Stay Express Inn & Suites Union City Near Atlanta Airport, responded to this review, March 5, 2012
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to write a review regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

Again, thank you for writing a review and if I can be of assistance to you, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 770-306-3800.

Sherbert Lawrence,
Quality Inn, Union City
Quality Inn, Union City
#6 of 10 in Union City
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Atlanta Airport South

Been to Stay Express Inn & Suites Union City Near Atlanta Airport? Share your experiences!