“BW Atlanta”

Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Union City
Raleigh, North Carolina, Usa
“BW Atlanta”
Reviewed March 8, 2013

A nice hotel at a fair price.
Spacious room with refrigerator and microwave.
The breakfast was one that I particularly liked all was very good. They had real milk (not only low fat) and real butter. Real yoghourt would have been even better, but that is hard to get anywhere in the US.
Even though I did not use it, the Walmart next door is a nice convenience.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

WE_CARE_FOR_YOU, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites Union City, responded to this review, March 10, 2013
Dear Guest:

Let me start by thanking you for completing this Survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

BEST WESTERN Union City Inn & Suites

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed March 2, 2013

My husband and I and our two children (4 and 9 months) travelled from Toronto, Ontario, Canada and stayed from Feb 13 to Feb 20. We were actually booked to stay from the 12th but we missed our flight. When we arrived on the 13th and checked in we were experiencing credit card issues with our credit card company. The Manager, a lovely woman allowed me to head to our room and settle in with the children while my husband sorted things out with our credit card company. Some hotels would not even allow you to head to the room without ensuring that fees were secured on the credit card. Customer Service was top notch all around. The front desk clerks were ALWAYS polite and accommodating (including the cleaning staff). It was nice to have a REAL breakfast and not your typical 'continental' breakfast that many other higher end hotel chains have. Our room was very clean and the beds were VERY comfortable. We slept as well as our baby did! : ) Ample FREE parking was important to us and this hotel had plenty. Lastly, the location was perfect for us. There is a Walmart right in walking distance and restaurants (fast food and dine-in) all around. I am quite a 'picky' individual and would not stay anywhere that was not suitable for my young children. Thank you for making our stay a pleasurable one! I would definitely recommend this hotel and we hope to visit again soon.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
WE_CARE_FOR_YOU, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites Union City, responded to this review, March 5, 2013

Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed January 26, 2013

We stayed at this hotel last year for the race. We felt very safe at the hotel . It was well lit and we saw no problem.s Breakfast could have been a little better but it hte price on rooms were good so can't complain too much. Nothing fancy but overall a great stay !!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Vancouver
Reviewed December 1, 2012

I choose this hotel due to its closeness to Atlanta's airport also the fact that I exclusively stay at Best Western hotels only. I researched my trip to Georgia for 6 months, reading review after review on hotels, locations and safety for a women travelling alone.
This hotel was a major disappointment. The area is unsettling, unsafe, and I was advised not to leave the hotel after dark. Once checked in I was actually scared to be there. The rooms are extremely old, rundown and very unkept. This hotel is in desperate need of a complete remodel. I read the other reviews for this hotel before I arrived and they made me feel confident but I now have to wonder if these are reviews were not written by people who have not stayed at this location, but are paid to post reviews. One states "quietest hotel in Atlanta" well I can agree because NO ONE else is staying there. At one point I do believe I was the only guest as I kept looking out the window to check on my rental car during the night. I did not sleep during the night, left all the lights on for fear of what may appear in the night, and kept my luggage up off the floor on the chairs. I actually did contemplate leaving, returning my rental car and sleeping in the airport.
This hotel is not clean, the bed was old and saggy, the sheets were washed but were stained in some spots. The morning breakfast was not at all like any Best Western I've stayed in. There was very little prepared, the round egg patties were dried out as well as the sausage rounds, dry and crispy on the ends. There was no yogurt, old looking bananas, and the coffee was old tasting as it must of been prepared early and just sat there. When I went to breakfast I notice a couple checking out so I knew there were other guest but I was the only person having the breakfast. I should of taken the other couples que and left for breakfast elsewhere.
I like to work out and also choose this hotel because it states there is a fitness centre, you do not find out until after you have arrived that the fitness centre is not apart of the hotel, but rather next door.
When I did check out the one and only positive experience with this hotel was the friendly lady at the front desk ( I suspect she is the owner). I asked for advise on an alternate route to the airport rather then taking I 85. She assured me it would be easy to get to the airport and to take the I 85 because alternate routes were considered unsafe neighbourhoods if I had of gotten turned around, she also advised me not to get out of my car until back at the airport.
I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Do not stay at this hotel at all. Give yourself more time, pay a little more and avoid the south w...
Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
WE_CARE_FOR_YOU, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites Union City, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback and on behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologies for not exceeding your expectations. We do follow up on each and every feedback to see what we could have done better for your satisfaction and also to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future.

However we are confused on what exactly you are upset on, since according to our record not a single time you mention or complain on any single incident during your stay, and the feedback that you gave on our hotel survey and on this website are telling quite different things. Regardless of all that I do want to apologies and by respecting your opinion I am not going to write back on each thing, but the common complain on both feedback is about the area and hotel not being safe and per your feedback on our hotel survey you mentioned that before you came to Atlanta area your local friends in Canada told you about area not being safe but respectfully we totally disagree.

Hopefully we wish you would have mention while you were here and we could have showed you what exactly security measurements we take for guest and our staff safety and you could have had a very good night sleep and also the day that you stayed we had more than 50% Occupancy so I am bit confused on that comment too. On behalf of morning Front Desk lady I want to thank you for your good comment but she says that there got to be some kind of misunderstanding about the direction to airport since she said she don’t know any other way to go to Atlanta Airport from hotel besides using I-85 and if she don’t know any other route how could she possibly say anything about the side road not being safe.

Once again on behalf of our entire team we do want to apologies any inconvenience that you had and we hope you give us one more chance to prove our service.

Thanks
Management

Travelers are raving about these Union City hotels

Marietta, Georgia
Reviewed November 13, 2012

The "very good" rating is based on value for a $70 room, not an absolute scale. The night auditor that checked me in was friendly. The room was clean and a good size with minor signs of wear and tear. The location is convenient to the interstate and parking lot is well lit. Breakfast was the standard eggs/biscuits/waffles.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed September 26, 2012

It is a nice hotel and clean. Customer service is excelent and very profesional. In my opinion it is one of the most quiet hotels in Atlanta area :) You get more attention from staff on any request. I will stay there again.

Room Tip: Good Price and clean.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Quality Inn, Union City
#5 of 10 in Union City
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fairburn
Hampton Inn Atlanta-Fairburn

Been to Days Inn & Suites Union City? Share your experiences!