“Manager Patel Saves My Bacon!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Days Inn & Suites Union City

Days Inn & Suites Union City
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Union City
Woodstock, IL
“Manager Patel Saves My Bacon!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2012

First off, this is the CLEANEST hotel in which I have ever stayed. The sheets and towels were AMAZINGLY clean. The room was very well air conditioned. I have stayed in more northern locations where the a/c hardly worked. This one was OUTSTANDING! In the hot, humid Georgia heat we were WAY comfortable every night! Finally, Manager Joyce Patel saved my life. I had left behind an important piece of baggage. She literally dropped the phone and ran to my old room to check. It was there and she got it to the post office and had it shipped home to me. Just when you think real honesty and integrity doesn't exist, you find someone like her! In all my years of Customer Service, this is the finest example of Customer Service I have ever experienced. Thank you Ms. Patel!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Detroit, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2012

I chose this Best Western due to it's closeness to the Atlanta Motor Speedway Track. I was very happy with the cleanliness of the room. When we got into our room, and turned on the tv, we noticed the tv was tinted green, and there was no way we could fix it (the remote with the tv was not the original, and no controls were found on the actual tv to adjust it). I called the front desk,and someone was promptly in the room to look at it. He tried to adjust it properly, to no avail. He then proceeded to give us a new tv. This was all done within an hour. I was very impressed and pleased with the way they handled their customers. I might also note this was a very busy weekend for them, in addition to the race, there was a big rivalry college football game in town and the hotel was totally booked. Everyone remained very pleasant on hospitable. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Montreal, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2012

We've stayed there one night during Memorial week-end. Poor place in general. Even if it was 95 outside, pool was not working. The person at the front desk was either pretty new or unfamiliar, but was confused by almost everything. Poorly designed bathroom. The arch pole supporting the shower curtain was in a position so you couldn't open the door completely. Toilet bowl never stopped from running. Obviously the building is not insonorised. And the breakfast was having maybe half of what the others are having.
If you're around, pick an other place

Room Tip: Wonder what suites were supposed to look like, Also ask for a room on the third level. You won't...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2012 via mobile

I had a wonderful stay at this hotel. The staff was super friendly and the breakfast was amazing!!! Waffles, sausage, biscuits, and eggs...winning!!! I was able to check in early and even received an free upgrade for being a BW rewards member. Whenever I need to get a small break from the kids this is where I will be! Keep up the great work.

• Stayed May 2012
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2012

When I entered the hotel I was greeted with professionalism and comfort. Everyone treated me over and beyond the call of duty. This is what I cal and consider customer service. Best Western in Union City keep up the marvelous customer service. This service always bring you back old and new customers.

Room Tip: Get a room with a nice view
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2012

I enjoyed my stay, the hotel is centrally located near shopping venues from food to cars. Easy access to the highway and airport. When returning to Atlanta will stay here again. Wonderful staff and friendly atmosphere.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Sacramento, CA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2012

I was unemployed with 5 children when I booked a hotel room for the night before the flight that would take us to California for a job. In early November I booked the 2 hotel rooms for a night in december just after Christmas and went ahead and gave them my credit card to reserve the room and secure a discount of 10% that the clerk was offering. In early december I decided that we really needed a hotel with a shuttle to the airport so I called them to cancel my reservation (I was told I could cancel up to 24 hours ahead of the date of the stay). That's when I found out that they had gotten the date wrong and had put me down for a November reservation rather than December and that they had already charged me for the rooms as a no-show. They offered me the rooms in December but I really needed a shuttle so I couldn't do it. I figured that american express would back me up because there was no reason for me to book a room the night that I was charged for but they sided with the hotel because the hotel had written down the reservation for that night. It was really frustrating and cost me 150 dollars at a time when I was trying to keep a family of 7 together going with savings. I talked to Best Western Corporate and to the hotel manager but nothing was ever resolved.
I don't think they are crooks or anything but I was really dissapointed that they didn't give me my money back. I learned that you really should never give your credit card to a hotel unless they are going to immediately send you an email or fax or something showing the dates of the stay so that you have something to back up your claim if they bill you incorrectly. I don't know about the condition of the hotel, other than that they don't have a shuttle, but I highly recommend not giving these guys your credit card until you are at the Hotel if you do decide to stay here. If they get it wrong you won't be getting your money back. I couldn't believe it at the time, but I'm out 150 dollars and cannot do anything about it. I won't make that mistake again.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Matt D
WE_CARE_FOR_YOU, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites Union City, responded to this review, April 24, 2012
Dear Guest,

We value your opinion and feedback; however I looked in our system and try to find your name and the charges that you have mentioned and we did not find anything at all so if you can please give us a call and I will personally help you and try to find the facts. Also I want to request you to see if by mistake you have post the feedback on wrong property please.

Thanks

Quality Inn, Union City
Quality Inn, Union City
#5 of 10 in Union City
Hampton Inn Atlanta-Fairburn

Been to Days Inn & Suites Union City? Share your experiences!