“Very good stay...I could walk to Walmart and Lisa was the best!”

Days Inn & Suites Union City
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Union City
Reviewed March 27, 2012

I was very happy that I was satisfied! This place was everything I was looking for, comfort, convenience, quiet, and the most 2 important, PRICE and CLEANLINESS! If you are coming to Atlanta and need reasonable priced and clean and comfortable accommodations, stay here...you won't be disappointed. Oh yeah, and the staff was GREAT!...especially LIsa.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed February 25, 2012

We stayed at this hotel on a rainy Friday night on 20 January. As we were due to land in Atlanta late afternoon from the UK and had to drive to Montgomery Alabama we decided the best option would be to stay overnight in the Atlanta area. We have not been disappointed with Best Western in the US so chose this one because it was close to the interstate I-85.
I read some of the reviews and thought it would be OK. As for it being in a not nice area as some reviews stated, I would say the area is commercial and to my mind OK.
When we drove up to the hotel we noticed a lack of cars on the carpark. I thought that customers would arrive later. This did not happen, I would say that only a few of the rooms were used that night.
The room was only OK as the decor was a bit shabby, but we only wanted a room for the night. It had a fridge and microwave, which we did not use.
One lamp did not work in the bedroom and the hairdryer did not work either, I had brought my own hairdryer so I did not struggle.. The bedding had cigarette burns in it and we had a no smoking room. We filled in the maintenance form that was in the room and left it at reception, surely someone else would have reported the broken items prior to our visit.
What I was disappointed with was that the hotel was nearly empty and they managed to give us a room with items that did not work.
I will say that the front desk girl was really friendly, and had we reported the broken items straight away we would have been moved, but we were only staying one night and had just had a 9 and a half hour flight.
The bed was really comfortable and we had a really good nights sleep. Also the breakfast was good as well, set us up for the journey to Montgomery.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 7, 2012

The hotel has a serious health and safety problem which they have ignored. The manager pretended not to know about the issue that I complaind about and was keen to brush this away. Although promises were made to investigate, nothing has been done. The attitude seems to be : Ignore the customer, and hopefully they will go away quietly. The rooms are old fashioned, the beds totally unsupportive. False platitudes are given out from the reception staff but nothing at all is sincere. I would never stay in a Best western Hotel ever again after such poor customer service and would advise against staying at this hotel. The standards are in no way up to standards found in other Best western Hotels we have stayed at in Tennessee,and Alabama. But due to the general attitudes in Atlanta Georgia I would avoid this group of hotels completely

Room Tip: Find one in any other hotel group but NOT Best western
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kate T
WE_CARE_FOR_YOU, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites Union City, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2012

Dear Guest,

First of all I want to thank you for completing the survey regarding your stay at our property.

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations and want to assure you that safety and health issue are always our priority including guest satisfaction and I am proud to inform you that we have score 100% in at least last 2 of our routine assessment from Department of Health & Wellness.

Also we did check our record which indicates that you were very happy with your entire 2 day stay, however you did mention and showed to front desk clerk in few minutes after you Check in that your Jacket got a hole in it by a plastic sticking out of the wall while you were walking, so front desk clerk apologies for your discomfort and offer to give you another room right away and you said no that particular room was fine however you need money for the whole jacket and at that point FD Clerk told you that she is not authorize for something like that and will pass that message to General Manager and he will follow up with you but unfortunately you misunderstood her and thought she said that manager will give you the money, which gave you the impression that reception gave you a false platitude.

Next morning I did try to follow up with you but you were not in the hotel so I called you again next day around 10 AM and request you to see if I can take a picture of damage you were claiming, but you simply said that you have packed it in your bag and also when I said can I please come to your room to see the plastic that you were talking about and you said your husband was still sleeping so I requested you to at least show us before you go.

You were nice enough to call me before checking out of the room to show the damage garment which certainly had one very very tiny hole on it and also showed us the plastic before checking out, but actually it was a corner guard which is a really soft plastic and was in absolute normal way without any damage or any kind of pointy part sticking out, however as promised I did showed it to maintenance person and also discuss with my boss and promptly replied you thru e-mail as you requested including a apology letter from Best Western Customer Care but you are not happy and just want the total cost of the jacket, but once again I am sorry that there is not much we can do and specially cannot give any compensation since there was not any kind of negligence from the hotel.

Once again I am sorry on behalf of our entire team and we hope that you will consider staying with us again.

General Manager.

Reviewed December 19, 2011

We were booked at another hotel in the area, but did not want to stay due to Very bad Service. We stopped in at the Best Western, and were welcomed by Lisa. Because of her great hospitality and fantastic attitude, we chose to stay at the Best Western, we were very happy with our stay, due to her great service attitude. Like all customers, we had choices of where to spend our $$Money$$, we are glad that we spent it at a hotel that employes great people.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed November 11, 2011

If you want a convenient place for the family to relax in this is it. The staff was helpful in every way throughout the entire stay. The room was very clean and I slept as well as I do at home. There was plenty of shopping and food within walking distance. The mall near this location was closed, but I knew this before arriving through research. I would definitely stay here again and would recommend this facility to anyone and there family.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed November 5, 2011

We booked this hotel according to what businesses were in the area that the hotel's website listed. When we got there the mall and restaurants were no longer open and the hotel clerk said they had been closed. I told her they should take the info off the websited and she agreed - did not know why it was still listed. The room did not feel clean, the sheets and bedspread were very wrinkled - did not look clean - we had to keep straightening out the sheets - the towels and washcloths looked dingy and none of the bed linens or towels smelled fresh. The only I can say nice about the hotel was that the desk clerks when we checked in and out were nice. We will not stay there again!!!!!!! This is the first Best Western we were disappointed in.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 3, 2011

If one finds himself in need of a room, under any circumstances, don't go to the union city location. I slept in a chair with a sheet wrapped over it due to bed being filthy; stains on sheets, pillow cases, dingy, dirty towels, etc. The hallways have sinkholes! Never in my life has i seen such Filth...I have pics to proove...

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
Western Inn & Suites Union City
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fairburn
Wingate by Wyndham Atlanta Airport Fairburn
Hampton Inn Atlanta-Fairburn

Been to Days Inn & Suites Union City? Share your experiences!