“Best Coffee Place in the South Atlanta Area” 5 of 5 bubbles

Kakao
Ranked #1 of 24 Restaurants in Tyrone
Cuisines: American, Cafe, Delicatessen
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Coffee Place in the South Atlanta Area”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013

We recently moved to Tyrone from Minneapolis. We are so happy that we finally found this awesome coffee place. The coffee is excellent (directly imported from Guatemala) and I haven't gotten anything bad to eat there. I love the Cuban Sandwich.

• Visited February 2013

Tyrone, Georgia
“Great food and service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

My roommate and I visited on a Saturday afternoon and had a wonderful experience. I had the Chicken Philly, which was a special for the day. It was great! My roommate had the hot dog and loved it. We also had an order of the churros and they were delicious! The owners were there working and they were very nice. The service was also excellent. We will definitely be going back! We can't wait to try breakfast!

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank Nicole C
“Great coffee”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2012

They have some awesome Maple coffee. Owners are there and very friendly....I have not tried any of the food yet, but when I do, I am sure they will get a fifth star!

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Melissa H
atlanta, georgia
“Best Cuban/churros ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2012

This restaurant/cafe opened on 12/18. I am so glad we found out about it! The food is top notch! All freshly made/prepared. I love Cubans and this one made all time favorites list. The spicy pickles/real Cuban bread were the best. They are very reasonably priced. I have paid much more for a Cuban and have not been nearly as pleased.

If I was to make a prediction this place will be known for its Churros. They melted in my mouth, the perfect combination of crispy and sweet.

In addition to cubans and churros they also serve coffee/expresso, breakfast items(homemade banana bread), scones, couple of other sandwiches, etc....they are open for breakfast and lunch. They close at 230pm.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank cumberlandga

Been to Kakao? Share your experiences!