“great bbq”

Ohio Hog Company Bar-B-Que
Ranked #2 of 25 Restaurants in Tyrone
Description: We specialize in BBQ done right! Pulled Pork and Beef Brisket cooked slow and to perfection. Ribs, Rib Tips and Smoked Chicken. Baked Beans seasoned with Beef Brisket, Brunswick Stew, Cole Slaw, Potato Salad, Collard Greens and Mac & Cheese all prepared "Fresh" daily.
Reviewed September 28, 2013

the bbq sauce here is awesome. sweet but with a lingering hot. the brunswick stew is original. had the tips and they outside was crisp and flavorful. the pulled pork was tender but needed thee sauce to spice it up. one of the best bbq i have had

Reviewed August 24, 2013

After living in Georgia for three years and unsuccessfully searching for good BBQ the entire time, my wife and I happened upon the Ohio Hog Company by accident. It is actually in Fairburn, GA off of exit 61 (about a mile from the interstate going east) in a little shopping plaza. (Though I should warn you that they are planning to move even farther down GA-74 into the Publix shopping plaza. Not sure when.)
Anyway, we decided to risk another disappointment, and stopped in. SOOO glad we did! This is the way barbecue should taste! Their motto is "We don't serve fast food, we serve GOOD food" and they really do. We will definitely visit again when we are in the Atlanta area!

Reviewed July 22, 2013

I grew up in Texas where beef reigns and have eaten very little BBQ since moving to Atlanta. I was thrilled to discover this place because they serve brisket. HOWEVER, IT IS NOT IN TYRONE, IT IS IN FAIRBURN. I am sure they would love to have this information correct.
I ate there last with my son and I had the brisket sandwich and he had a small order of rib tips. Both were delicious. We each had a drink and no side items and it came to almost $18 which I think is a bit pricey. My only other complaint is their place is very small so try to avoid the lunch rush or you will have a hard time finding a place to sit. They a have somewhat odd hours so check their website. Catering appears to be a large chunk of their business.

Reviewed December 28, 2012

This is a cute mom and pop shop that is really yummy. Our family's favorite local restaurant. Just great BBQ and sides! My friend thinks the Brunswick stew is the best she has ever had.

Reviewed December 5, 2012 via mobile

About 0.5 miles down GA-74, away from all the Interstate Exit Fodder is the Ohio Hog Co. Its on the side of a little set of stores. We only noticed it because of the "cooker" sitting out the door. We popped in and boy oh boy did it smell good. I ordered the Chopped Brisket basket (inc fries & drink). Piled high was the brisket that it didn't stay between the bun. I hate when that happens - NOT! Hubby ordered the Chopped Pork basket. It was more like pulled pork with huge chunks of pork. No mystery meat here!! We will time our trip thru Atlanta to ensure we can stop in for some great bar-b-que!! With food this good, it is definitely worth the extra mileage/time.