All reviews washer and dryer bedroom bathroom condo real estate agent these condos parking garage master bath spur of the moment patio doors week stay large pool great kitchen mid beach three bedroom through vrbo paper towels on site restaurant new appliances
Selected filters
Reviewed July 8, 2019

We visit Tybee every year. Beachside is one of our favorite places to stay. They have 2 large pools along with a smaller pool with a cool waterfall. The restaurant on site is a plus. Many of the units have an oceanview or partial view. We have always enjoyed our stay. Mid beach is our favorite area

Date of stay: July 2019
Reviewed June 29, 2019

We have enjoyed Beachside Colony 5 times before, and this short trip was supposed to be a lovely spring fling in celebration of our 5th Anniversary. We enjoy the proximity to the beach and 3 pools. On-sure restaurant means we rarely leave the premises.
The room was cheap, and we were warned that there was only one window, but we didn’t realize it faced an interior wall and let zero light into the unit. For a terrible little dark closet of a space, it was well decorated and stocked. To make matters more interesting, the AC/Heat wasn’t working. Stifling sticky costal air is not fun to sleep in, especially when you can’t just open a window. WiFi did not work for the duration, TV issues as well.
Many visits (vacation interruptions) later, the 3rd worker figured out that somehow our room shared a unit with the neighbors, and we would have air for the last day of our trip.
To make up for it, the rental company (Tybee vaca rentals) gave us the entire day on Sunday to relax in the space, and even told us to stay an extra night, plus they gave us a $50 gift card to dinner. One night was refunded. Hard to have a bad time at the beach, so we just avoided the unit unless we needed to sleep or shower.

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Abra B
Reviewed June 4, 2019 via mobile

We had family members come from the Mid West and North East and rented four condos at Beachside Colony. The condos were nicely furnished and equipped with everything we needed and were able to accommodate a variety of family sizes. The pool and on site restaurant were super convenient. The beach was uncrowded and beautiful. There were a variety of activities close to Beachside Colony to meet everyones interests. Beachside Colony was a wonderful location for a family reunion.

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed April 24, 2019

This is a condo with individual owned units and although there is a check in desk with an office, my review is really not based on that kind of experience. We rented this place through VRBO and I will likely review the particular unit we stayed in on that website. But here are my thoughts on the facility as a whole.

First off- know that a condo experience is not a hotel experience. We did have a kitchen and significantly more space and freedom than had we booked a hotel but there were downsides... such as the load music being played during working hours while workers painted the exterior of the building across the street from us... or the seemingly daily pressure-washing of the building that was loud and unnecessary. I feel like a hotel property would be more sensitive to these things if they were allowed to happen at all during a peak season.

The property did have three pools as advertised but one was a 1ft toddler pool and the other two were almost identical in size (small) and hardly good for swimming. The restaurant on property was decent and had a good bar with friendly staff. My only complaint there was that they were closed two days that we were there. Ok... so I can bring my own drinks to the pool but it would have been nice to have a bathroom available other then the ones located in the restaurant that wasn’t opened those days.

The location of this property is good and parking was always available. The beach is right there and it is a big enough area to accommodate even the largest of crowds even though we didn’t experience that.

It is a rather big complex and I imagine some units are better than others but that is all about doing your homework before you book.. The common areas, elevators, and stairways could definitely use some attention but it is a beachside resort and I get that things weather faster there.

Overall, our stay was enjoyable. I didn’t really see any places on the island that I would rather stay at (location envy) and for the price we paid, I really can’t complain. I always want to be able o give a fair assessment of a place and I hope I did that here.

As far as Tybee Island is concerned... I loved it and think it should earn a spot on everyone’s list.

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
BchsideColonyResort, Public Relations Manager at Beachside Colony Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2019

We are glad you enjoyed your stay here at Beachside Colony Resort. We are sorry that the pressure washing disturbed you but we strive to keep our resort as clean as we can due to the ocean breeze. The restaurant, The Deck, is privately owned and set their own hours.The Deck changes to their full time hours May 1st throughout the summer months. We believe our location can't be beat, right in the middle of Tybee Island. Close enough to some very nice restaurants but far away from all the touristy crowds. We look forward to you vacationing again with us.
We thank you for your honest and candid review.

Reviewed February 21, 2019

We checked in on 2/15 for 3 nights. When we walked into the unit, the bottom drawer on the stove was broken, the light over the sink in the master bathroom was out, the television in the living room did not work, the bulb in the floor lamp in the living room was out,2 pictures were on the floor that should have been hung, there were no paper towels, only 1/2 roll of toilet paper in one of the 2 bathrooms, and no tissues. Laundry area filthy. I removed a small zip lock bag full of lint from the dryer. Ironing board was broken. When I went into the office the ladies in the office were extremely polite and apologetic, that doesn't negate the fact that none of this should have happened. I explained to them that I rent my beach house out in the summer and if I ever attempted to rent it out in the condition this property was in, my real estate agent would refuse me as a client. Last but not least, on Saturday morning I brought the broken ironing board to the office, they assured me that a new ironing board would be outside my door when we returned (they could not put it in the unit as we were leaving our dog in the condo). Needless to say when we returned no ironing board. Side note the elevator walls were all scratched up. Certainly did not make a good initial impression and it just went downhill from there.

Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
BchsideColonyResort, Guest Relations Manager at Beachside Colony Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2019

Beachside Colony Resort is extremely sorry for your disappointing stay. We admit we dropped the ball and fell short on delivering a top quality stay. Your complaints are valid and we have taken corrective action to make the necessary repairs to the oven door and ironing board. We have spoken to our maintenance and housekeeping staff and have implemented new checklist to address the problems you mentioned regarding the areas that needed housekeeping's attention, missing toiletries, light bulbs, and dryer lint.
We take pride in our resort and are unhappy to hear when guests have a less than perfect stay.
We invite you to come back and let us prove to you we can provide you with a top notch stay. Please call our reservation desk and speak to Jennifer or Tami and they will arrange the perfect stay for you.

1-800-786-0770-Reservation Desk- 7 days a week 9am-4pm