All reviews washer and dryer bedroom bathroom condo real estate agent these condos parking garage master bath spur of the moment patio doors week stay large pool great kitchen mid beach three bedroom through vrbo paper towels on site restaurant new appliances
Selected filters
Reviewed April 24, 2019

This is a condo with individual owned units and although there is a check in desk with an office, my review is really not based on that kind of experience. We rented this place through VRBO and I will likely review the particular unit we stayed in on that website. But here are my thoughts on the facility as a whole.

First off- know that a condo experience is not a hotel experience. We did have a kitchen and significantly more space and freedom than had we booked a hotel but there were downsides... such as the load music being played during working hours while workers painted the exterior of the building across the street from us... or the seemingly daily pressure-washing of the building that was loud and unnecessary. I feel like a hotel property would be more sensitive to these things if they were allowed to happen at all during a peak season.

The property did have three pools as advertised but one was a 1ft toddler pool and the other two were almost identical in size (small) and hardly good for swimming. The restaurant on property was decent and had a good bar with friendly staff. My only complaint there was that they were closed two days that we were there. Ok... so I can bring my own drinks to the pool but it would have been nice to have a bathroom available other then the ones located in the restaurant that wasn’t opened those days.

The location of this property is good and parking was always available. The beach is right there and it is a big enough area to accommodate even the largest of crowds even though we didn’t experience that.

It is a rather big complex and I imagine some units are better than others but that is all about doing your homework before you book.. The common areas, elevators, and stairways could definitely use some attention but it is a beachside resort and I get that things weather faster there.

Overall, our stay was enjoyable. I didn’t really see any places on the island that I would rather stay at (location envy) and for the price we paid, I really can’t complain. I always want to be able o give a fair assessment of a place and I hope I did that here.

As far as Tybee Island is concerned... I loved it and think it should earn a spot on everyone’s list.

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
BchsideColonyResort, Public Relations Manager at Beachside Colony Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2019

We are glad you enjoyed your stay here at Beachside Colony Resort. We are sorry that the pressure washing disturbed you but we strive to keep our resort as clean as we can due to the ocean breeze. The restaurant, The Deck, is privately owned and set their own hours.The Deck changes to their full time hours May 1st throughout the summer months. We believe our location can't be beat, right in the middle of Tybee Island. Close enough to some very nice restaurants but far away from all the touristy crowds. We look forward to you vacationing again with us.
We thank you for your honest and candid review.

Reviewed February 21, 2019

We checked in on 2/15 for 3 nights. When we walked into the unit, the bottom drawer on the stove was broken, the light over the sink in the master bathroom was out, the television in the living room did not work, the bulb in the floor lamp in the living room was out,2 pictures were on the floor that should have been hung, there were no paper towels, only 1/2 roll of toilet paper in one of the 2 bathrooms, and no tissues. Laundry area filthy. I removed a small zip lock bag full of lint from the dryer. Ironing board was broken. When I went into the office the ladies in the office were extremely polite and apologetic, that doesn't negate the fact that none of this should have happened. I explained to them that I rent my beach house out in the summer and if I ever attempted to rent it out in the condition this property was in, my real estate agent would refuse me as a client. Last but not least, on Saturday morning I brought the broken ironing board to the office, they assured me that a new ironing board would be outside my door when we returned (they could not put it in the unit as we were leaving our dog in the condo). Needless to say when we returned no ironing board. Side note the elevator walls were all scratched up. Certainly did not make a good initial impression and it just went downhill from there.

Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
BchsideColonyResort, Guest Relations Manager at Beachside Colony Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2019

Beachside Colony Resort is extremely sorry for your disappointing stay. We admit we dropped the ball and fell short on delivering a top quality stay. Your complaints are valid and we have taken corrective action to make the necessary repairs to the oven door and ironing board. We have spoken to our maintenance and housekeeping staff and have implemented new checklist to address the problems you mentioned regarding the areas that needed housekeeping's attention, missing toiletries, light bulbs, and dryer lint.
We take pride in our resort and are unhappy to hear when guests have a less than perfect stay.
We invite you to come back and let us prove to you we can provide you with a top notch stay. Please call our reservation desk and speak to Jennifer or Tami and they will arrange the perfect stay for you.

1-800-786-0770-Reservation Desk- 7 days a week 9am-4pm

Reviewed December 27, 2018

The most beautiful beach front condo I've ever stayed in. Looked like we could reach out and touch the ocean from our balcony. Walking into the condo and seeing the view for the first time was breath taking. The location on the island was great, right in the middle of the island, quiet location. Best vacation we ever had. Watching the large barge ocean liners come into Savannah was a sight to see. I will be returning!!

Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Seaside59550944533, Director of Sales at Beachside Colony Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2019

WE are honored by your compliments! Beachside Colony Resort is the only onsite resort and we take our time by making it perfect! Everything you should need is at your finger tips. It's wonderful when we get these emails that let us know we're on the right track! Thank you again.

Reviewed October 2, 2018 via mobile

My wife and sister and I rented a condo here for some time away and much needed R&R. The condo was EXACTLY as depicted in the photos on the homeaway.com website. The sunrises for the few days we were there were spectacular. This was our first visit, but will definitely not be the last!

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family

Thank you for letting us know we're doing the right thing! Our staff and our front desk try our best to provide the very best service and attention to detail! We are all up and running and completely renovated from the last 2 hurricanes. All of our oceanfront condos have been redecorated, and our beautiful pools - the largest one heated year-round -- is right in front of the ocean! Thank you again, and we look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed September 30, 2018

We rented a one bedroom condo for 5 nights. The location of the property was perfect, as this condo overlooked the beach and ocean.We spent a lot of time on the balcony enjoying the view and ocean breezes. The property was very clean, neat, and well-maintained. There were three swimming pools which we did not use as we spent all of our time on the beach. The few times I dealt with the registration desk, they were very nice and professional. We plan to return in the near future. I would highly recommend this property to anyone looking for a one bedroom condo on the beach!

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Everyone at Beachside Colony Resort thanks you!!! We have the best and most dedicated staff and we love them! Our goal is always to make your stay as relaxing and wonderful as possible! That's why we're here! We have a lot of one-bedroom condos right on the beach! And we really thank you for letting everyone know that it really is a beautiful place to vacation!!!!