“Great Location”

Beachside Colony Resort
Reviewed July 26, 2013

I have stayed 2 times this summer at beachside colony. I stayed in a 1 bedroom 1 bath and also 2 bedroom 2 bath. both were great clean rooms with plenty of space. It is very easy to access the beach. and who couldn't brag on the 3 pools. Plenty of room for many people, we never felt crowded. The outdoor bar is a perk also. We ate at Marlin Monroe's and all the food was great. there was no need to get in the car to go anywhere and that is the way we like it to be on vacation. We were there on the full moon and Marlins has a full moon party! Live music by the pool! Enough said. Great place to stay, great food and easy access to pools and the beach! my new favorite place to stay on Tybee island.

3  Thank Rebekah R

Reviewed July 23, 2013

Our family of 5 stayed at the Beachside Colony (Unit 228) July 10-13. We were pleasantly surprised with our condo. It was really spacious and very nicely updated and decorated and had a nice view of the ocean and pool area. The master bathroom even looked like an upscale hotel bathroom! There were a few negatives with the unit - there were only 2 chairs on the balcony and so our whole family of 5 could not sit out there at the same time and the sofa bed was extremely uncomfortable - my son who doesn't mind a sleeping bag on the floor even declared it too uncomfortable for him. The cable in the secondary bedroom was not working and the front desk had a service guy come and try to fix it but he never was able to get it working. Unfortunately the pools were anything but spacious -- they were downright tiny! The actual pool deck area was quite large but we didn't spend a lot of time there because the pools would get too crowded and the kids did not like to swim with so many people. We did enjoy the easy beach access though, which was great. Overall, a great time at Beachside Colony!

Room Tip: We found a unit on VRBO and received an email quote for our stay. When I called the resort directly...
1  Thank GA Family 5
Reviewed July 19, 2013

We come back every year. This is our family's favorite place to stay. The staff and the accommodations are the best on Tybee. You are going to love the 3 oceanfront swimming pools and Marlyn Monroes beachfront restaurant.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

My family and I just returned from a one week stay at Beachside Colony. We stayed in 226 in the Vue and couldn't have been happier. What a fabulous place to vacation with our family. My parents joined us and they were in 227 right next door to us. Our whole family had a wonderful time and we definitely plan a return trip, We have already made reservations for next year and can not wait to return. The staff at the front desk were great and made us feel like family. See you next year Pam, Kelly and Blanche!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Roddy A
Reviewed May 21, 2013

I went to Tybee 5/17 & 5/18. It was VERY spur of the moment trip. My GF has originally booked a different place thru VRBO and was not at all happy with the first location. We left that location early sat morn to try and find different accomdations. I am so happy we ended up where we did!

I was very surprised with the resort. I was not expecting that on Tybee! The room was fantastic. All new furnshings, extra touches that make a difference, the ocean sound player in the bedroom was a nice touch. We were in #324. Right by check in, one floor up. We were not able to check in right away, we arrived 1030AM. But, they called us as soon as housekeeping had finished the room.

I really liked the fact that is a restaurant on property. I will defintely be back and try it out. We were only there one night and stayed at the beach most of the day.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank cumberlandga
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Unit 124! I was very happy with our stay. We went may 11, 2013. It was really nice for our one day getaway there for my aunt’s Bday. It was very relaxing, the rooms were cleaned, the queen bed was comfortable and the SHOWER IN THE MASTER BEDROOM WAS AWESOME. It had the big shower head and the massage shower head in there, and it was nice size shower, so it was romantic!!! The only thing is I wish there could have been some windows in the bedrooms so we could have slept watching the ocean. I would ABSOLUTELY stay here again for the right price. They had $423.00 a night but we got it for $285. For that price it was so worth it!!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tee l
Reviewed May 12, 2013

We chose to stay in Tybee for my daughter's graduation from Georgia Southern. The first few days we would have a crew of 8 people. We found this unit on VRBO.com. I normally always want the ocean view, but this was an excellent compromise. Tucked in the middle of the complex are 6 units in the Gardens, The unit was decorated so nice with a great courtyard with a hot tub that extended the living area. We spent so much time out there. When you walk down the hall to the unit you are deceived, then you open the door and your chin drops!!! Only a few steps to the beach, bar, or restaurant. I give Beach Colony resort an A+++. http://www.vrbo.com/276825

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1 mi away
Dunes Inn & Suites
Dunes Inn & Suites
#4 of 8 in Tybee Island

Been to Beachside Colony Resort? Share your experiences!