“The security guard will harass you”

Beachside Colony Resort
“The security guard will harass you”
Reviewed March 13, 2011

My new wife and I decided to rent two condos one for us and the best man and one for cousins. the condos were beautiful they were on opposite sides of the condominium so when the family showed up we walked them over.the front desk never mentioned the curfew however there was an old man told us to keep it down i just thought he was a guest so i responded with no problem partner he then screamed I'm not your partner suprized by this i said ok buddy he ran after me grabbed my arm and put a tiny badge against my face told me that he would arrest me I said for what reason sir and he then let go of my arm and told me if i said anything else I was going to jail on my wedding night i then thanked him for not arresting all of us and went back to the room as fast as we could on the way we heard him yell I know your with that wedding party I'm coming .all of us are more than the drinking age by 5 years and know when things were going south .so without any alcohol drank by me the groom because i was waiting on family Who I didn't get to se any more I had to call them to stay in there room to avoid any more confrontation we all went to bed earlyby the way all this happened at twelve o clock. I woulver stay at this condo ever again just because of the security we did nothing wrong and had to sleep like a high school basketballteam

• Stayed April 2010
4 Thank Ryanleroche
beachsideTybeeIsland, General Manager at Beachside Colony Resort, responded to this review, June 2, 2011
While I apologize for the Association's security, every room is equipped with a Guest Directory that states guest consideration time is from 11 pm until 8 am. The security guard is a little overzealous about his job and if he was employed by my company we would have let him go for harassing any of our guests. We are working with the Property Management here at Beachside to hire a security guard who has better customer service skills.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed January 6, 2011

I have been renting condos from this family owned business for over ten years! Each visit I can see improvement in the facilities and services. My visit is always peaceful and relaxing.
They are very accommodating. The condos are clean and well kept.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
Lexington, Kentucky
Reviewed December 14, 2010

We came upon the Beachside Colony on a road trip when we needed somewhere to spend one night, however we awoke the next morning and realize what a neat place this was we stayed 2 more days. Then one month later we returned to spend Thanksgiving at the Beachside Colony. This place is great, the pool is so very relaxing with the palm trees, waterfall, music, poolside bar/resturant and the beach just foot steps away. You can get lost in the moment and forget the busy life back home. The staff is so very friendly and helpful. Tybee Island is a great place with nice people and lots of things to see and do and with ammedities like the Beachside Colony you are sure to have a good time. I would highly recommend you try Beachside and Tybee for your next getaway.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Snellville, Georgia
Reviewed December 1, 2010

My sisters and I took our parents, 88 and 90 years old, to the Beachside Colony for a few days of refreshing beach time. Clark, the gentleman who helped make the accommodations, assisted me in locating the perfect unit to meet our needs: ocean front, gorgeous view, covered parking and elevator access. He and the staff graciously welcomed us and facilitated any need or request that we had. The sign in the kitchen of the lovely unit spoke volumes to us, "The ocean speaks to my spirit". With time a precious commodity for us with our amazing parents, this trip stands out in our memories of perfect timing at the perfect place among perfect people! We will be returning for some more Tybee Time, as Clark so appropriately called it, at the Beachside Colony with our families in the future. If you are looking for a special experience on Tybee, this is your resort full of amenities, gracious and accommodating staff, prime location and beach access! ENJOY, and make invaluable, irreplaceable memories of your own.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed October 27, 2010

When I called to make my reservations I knew I had chosen the right place. The service I received was exceptional. Everyone I spoke with was very professional yet friendly and willing to help make my trip perfect. When I arrived the condo and the view was even better than I expected. A beach view 3 pools who could ask for more. The staff a beachside colony worked all day taking care of the property. The grounds and exterior are well taken care of. There is a great restaurant on site that has great food and a lovely beach feel. We stayed for month and it was not near long enough. Thank you BSC for a wonderful trip.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 22, 2010

I am only 14 so I'm not sure how anyone will react to this but my grandparents own a Beachside Colony condo and I think it is the coolest place on earth. I don't know what you guys are talking about giving anything less than a five star on this place. The pools do have a little sand in them but why come to Tybee just for the pool? Its a beach! There will be sand. And as for the rooms being dirty, maybe it was you that tracked in the sand, that happens to my family all the time. Marlin Monroe's is a great restaurant. I am not allowed to go to the bar but it looks pretty nice. The waiters and waitresses are so nice even though my grandpa can be a little hard to deal with (ps. I suggest the potted bread). There are other great restaurants too, Fannies on the Beach (I know its a weird name but it's good I promise), there's AJ's and the ocean plaza hotel has an awesome view of th lake and the pier. The pier is so fun to walk to from BC (Beachside Colonies) and we always get ice-cream there and just sit on the benches to eat. The waves there can get pretty big and my family loves it there. I'm not exactly sure what happened on your "horrible vacations" but I just thought I would make it clear.

• Stayed April 2010
1 Thank Ferrellis
Scottsville, Kentucky
Reviewed October 9, 2010

My family and I recently stayed at the Beachside Colony. We had a 3 bedroom condo initially that was so unclean that we requested another condo. Fortunately, our request was granted and we were moved to another 3 bedroom, 3 bath condo. It was marginally better- mold in the bathtub and next to the stove, peeling paint practically everywhere, washing machine leaked through the ceiling, beds not too comfortable. The good things were the view, good parking, very close to the beach. Some other family members were lucky enough to get a FANTASTIC condo in the same unit called the Gardens. If you plan to rent from Beachside Colony, stay in the GARDENS!!! You may not have a view of the ocean, but the rooms are MUCH nicer.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
#2 of 8 in Tybee Island
DeSoto Beach Bed & Breakfast
DeSoto Beach Bed & Breakfast
#3 of 8 in Tybee Island

Been to Beachside Colony Resort? Share your experiences!