Open today: 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM
Review Highlights
Great experience!

Great experience! My instructor Ben was encouraging and helped me distinguish the wave I needed to... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
jaimelS1816VF
See above

Tybee Surf Lessons was great! It was myself, wife and son. Ben was our instructor and we couldn't... read more

Reviewed August 17, 2020
matthewoD5639ZR

All reviews great instructor private lesson riding waves patient teacher learning how bucket list item any age super fun great waves awesome experience highlight of our trip year olds a lot of fun turner safety blast instructions
Selected filters
Reviewed September 4, 2018 via mobile

I came to Savannah with five other women and we really wanted to do a surf lesson while we were all together, and surf we did. WE HAD SO MUCH FUN!

The booking process was very simple and Turner was really flexible. Turner was extremely professional, helpful, and friendly the whole time he tried to get 3 newbies up on a board. His personality is so nice and easy-going. He took the time before we got in the water to sit us all down and make sure we understood the basics and how to be safe.

I can’t say enough how glad I am that we chose to book the lesson and chose to book with Tybee Surf Lessons.

Date of experience: September 2018
Reviewed August 20, 2018 via mobile

Turner and team did a great job of supporting and teaching our group of 9 people how to surf!! Great value and great people - thank you!

Date of experience: August 2018
Reviewed August 15, 2018

We had so much fun during our lesson!
Turner was a great teacher! We would recommend to anyone looking for a laid back surf lesson!

Date of experience: August 2018
Reviewed July 25, 2018

I gave my sister a surf lesson for her 68th birthday. My grandson and I joined her for the adventure. Turner [the surf dude] was excellent with the eleven year-old as well as the two older surfers. He explained the water, surf facts and general instructions. My first question was, "Are people going to be watching us?" Of course!! For some reason I thought the lessons would be out of the view of the beach goers... I was able to ride a few waves to shore without problems. The grandson did great for his first time. The birthday girl laid on the board and let the waves (and Turner) push her forward. We had an awesome experience due mainly to Turner. The only drawback was that jellyfish were lurking in the water. I didn't get stung but my grandson got 4-5 stings. Oh, well ! The three of us had a wonderful day and the grandson looks forward to more surf lessons.
Turner, thank you !!!

Date of experience: July 2018
1  Thank Jody P
Reviewed July 24, 2018 via mobile

My teenage son and his friend had a lesson with Turner. He was easy to talk to, gave easy to understand instructions, and the lesson was fun. We’ll be back!

Date of experience: July 2018