Review Highlights
Best way to get around Tybee

We were advised by our hotel to contact Tybee Turtle Transit to get across the island for our... read more

Reviewed 4 days ago
so1527
El Dorado, Kansas
Best way to get around the Island.

Turtle Taxi is the only way around TYBEE no matter what time. You can always count on them. I would... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
DANNYW332
Decatur, Tennessee
via mobile

All reviews cab service golf cart driver condo island tybee info
Selected filters
Reviewed March 10, 2019 via mobile

Nice friendly drivers, Al is generally our driver when we visit which is normally twice a year. Price is very reasonable only 3 bucks per person around the island. Will continue to use on the future. Thanks for the great service

Date of experience: March 2019
Reviewed September 3, 2018 via mobile

Al was so accommodating to our large party! We used his services several times during our visit, with even a trip into Savannah! He was always there to pick up riders quick. The BEST way to get around in Tybee!!!

Date of experience: September 2018
Reviewed September 2, 2018 via mobile

Party of 15 and Al picked us up within 15 minutes and was a joy! Had great recommendations of local sites and food!

Date of experience: September 2018
Reviewed August 24, 2018 via mobile

We were in the campground on Tybee without a car. We rented a golf cart but carts are restricted on Hwy 80 and our destination was on 80. I called Tybee Turtle Transit to try them out. There were 4 of us. At$3 per person, total $12 to travel maybe 1 - 1.5 miles, and another $12 to return, I knew it wasn't the most cost effective but we wanted to try out the local service.
I called in the morning to inquire and, as I was mid sentence with my question, I was interrupted by the service person saying, "Just call 10 minutes before you need to leave." Since I hadn't completed one full sentence yet, I tried to clarify and again got, "Just call 10 minutes before." Hmmm. Not so sure about this.
10 minutes before, then, I dutifully called and was told it would be 20-25 minutes. No real arrival time issue in this case on our part but I said I was told to call 10 minutes before. "Yes, but I'm off island so it will take me 20-25 minutes." I understood and said so. I only share this to advise that you give yourself a cushion of time and call a bit before you really need them. I don't know how many autos/vans they run but you might get caught short. It wasn't an issue for us.
The driver, same one both ways, was a fine driver, greeted us but then concentrated on his driving. On return, I called again to give 10 minutes lead time as we were just finishing and paying for our meal. This time he said he'd be there in 5 minutes. It may have been only 4, he was that fast. We had to scoot right out. He was a little more talkative on the return and gave us some info on something we were curious about. He also told us, when we asked, that it might be 3:30am before he'd be done that night. He had a long night in front of him.
I definitely would use the service again.

Date of experience: August 2018
Reviewed June 18, 2018

Reasonable price. Only three dollars a person to anywhere on the island. Friendly drivers who gave helpful advice on what to do on the island

Date of experience: June 2018