“a wonderful first new years experience!”
Review of Atlantis Inn

Atlantis Inn
Ranked #8 of 8 Tybee Island B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 10, 2011

I booked the Rainforest Room for new years eve two weeks in advance. I got there and we paid and they gave us our key. We went. I was floored by how peaceful and beautiful the room was, how comfortable the bed was (and not too short as some one else here put it), and how big the jacuzzi was. Not to mention the top of the line (we checked it out on the wifi that was also offered) electric fireplace that heated the room very well for the middle of winter. The rotating flat screen was also nice.

A few pieces of constructive criticism however. There was absolutely no storage for our things. Im not sure where they could put it if they did decide to implement a dresser or something because the room is small. But we managed to keep our stuff on the floor. It would have been really nice to have something to put our things in. The only other issue was that the waterfall leaked pretty badly. I laid down an extra towel, but it didnt help too much.

Otherwise it was a lovely stay and we will be back next new years eve in the same room regardless. Loved it!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ToolFan1987
There are newer reviews for Atlantis Inn

Reviewed September 5, 2010

I will start with the good, The man that checked us in was a great guy! He asked if we wanted the "Marilyn Monroe suite" and I said yes. He told us that it was a 1950's hotel and I hoped for the best. The bed was about six inches wider than a twin and was possibly the worst night sleep I have ever had. The bed situation along with the paper thin walls and the morons with the barking rats in their room that barked all night and morning along with his yelling at whoever was staying with him seemed like they were in our room! After a short walk to the beach, I decided to take a shower for an evening out, another humorous event, they actually had written in magic marker "hot" and "cold" over the appropriate faucets/handles, and then the shower head had a very steady drip of water that would stop if one of your neighbors flushed the toilet. Oh! I almost forgot the fake plastic flowers and tree along with a couple of pictures of Marilyn Monroe was the decor. Finally I turned the tv on and got happy that I could get some college football updates but when i turned the volume up (no remote control) the volume actually went all the way down and the tv turned off. The only way Marilyn Monroe would be in this room is if they dug her dead body up and stuck her in there.

I went to get ice, there was an ice bucket in the room, and when i went in the office to inquire where the machine was they pointed to a cooler in the office.

Fannie's is a great place to eat and the wings are out of this world!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 13, 2010

I cannot tell you everything about this weird accommodation, not enough room. We paid a fortune for two nights stay. The room was on the roof. One wall was made of doors nailed together. I'm serious, doors nailed together made up the whole front wall. Nothing to seal them up either, you could see out through the cracks. It rained and the "deck" outside our door floated on about 3 inches of water, they were just loose boards, and when we stepped out they sank and a small wave went right into our room. It was kitschy and kind of cute, but you would not believe the price we paid for a shack on the roof. This would be UNRENTABLE by law in Orlando, I kid you not.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 25, 2009

The Atlantis Inn is a MUST STAY AGAIN place. Natalie and Mel are the BEST!! My girlfriend and I enjoyed every moment and the Peacefulness they had to offer. It's a place that all couples should visit and enjoy a WONDERFUL GETAWAY!!!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 9, 2009

The Atlantis Inn was amazing!! Nat and Mel are the most personable host you could ever imagine. The price was very reasonable. Most of all it was unique and the entire staff made us feel at home. Tybee itself is a beautiful place but it could not and would not be what it is without this wonderful Inn. We arrived late as walk ins and from the moment we walked in the door I felt at home. The desk clerk was so personable and was very sweet to show us several choices of rooms. She also gave us advice in case we decided not to stay with them what to look for. The best advice might I add. She said if you need to check a couple of other places but always ask to see the room. It took one other hotel (we did look at the room) and we were back at the Atlantis ASAP. The breakfast staff was amazing as well as the food. I have lived in Tennessee most of my life and when I have lived away I have been homesick for Tennessee. But now I am homesick for Tybee Islands wonderful Atlantis Inn. Another plus is in just a few short minutes you can be in Savannah and take a wonderful historic tour of the city and back in Tybee to relax and feel at home.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 13, 2009

We stumbled upon Tybee Island in 2008, went back for a week in2009. We stayed at the Atlantis Inn on both visits. The Inn is very cozy and unique, the rooms are different from any other motel/inn that we've ever stayed. The housekeeping service is very good. The staff is Georgia friendly! The breakfast is plentiful and assorted. We like the location because it is away from the main strand, but very close to the pier, shops, restaurants, and ocean. We hope to return in 2010 and probably many years after to enjoy a laid back vacation. " only in America!!!!!!"

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 31, 2009

The hotel room was small yet more than comfortable enough for our needs. We both like to fish & it was a Big Plus to be able to get to the dock for fishing within a block of the hotel because of the fishing gear we took. The staff was extra,extra friendly & worked hard to meet any needs that we had which wasn't that much any way. The free buffet breakfust was very good for the early morning especially on days when they didn't have eggs but were willing to cook them any way you wanted or even pancakes and/or french toast. Nothing bad to say at all about the hotel. It was cozy & private & everything that we expected it to be. It reminded us of the rooms in the Bahamas, where we have been at least 15 times, as far as room size is concerned because being on an island, same as the Bahamas, space is always a problem. Eating out was expenses & we expected that as well although we did get a Whole Lot of food when we ate out. A really good place to stay being close to the beach & close to a great fishing spot at the dock in my opinion.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
#2 of 8 in Tybee Island
Dunes Inn & Suites
Dunes Inn & Suites
#4 of 8 in Tybee Island

Been to Atlantis Inn? Share your experiences!