“FUN, it's all in the name!”
Review of Atlantis Inn

Atlantis Inn
Ranked #7 of 8 Tybee Island B&B and Inns
“FUN, it's all in the name!”
Reviewed November 3, 2012

Went there for my birthday weekend and stayed in the endless summer room! Very fun made me laugh! The location was excellent! The owner and staff very approachable and happy people! Had a great time! Just hope RJ figures out that rooftop area! Lol so if u go give suggestions!

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank Tybee12

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Savannah, Georgia
Reviewed October 31, 2012

I stayed in Blue Lagoon because I wanted an inexpensive room with a Jacuzzi. Since I had to change my reservation 6 days prior to check in instead of 7 days prior, I was charged more per night. Based on other reviews that came as no surprise. The biggest problem that I had was that the living area drapes had to stay open for the a/c to blow into the room and I felt a little exposed. Since this was an off-season trip, there wasn't much traffic, so it didn't become a real issue. In summer, I think it would be. So, now that I have complained, I will say that the staff was really great - very pleasant and accomodating of any needs that I had. The location was as expected and not too far from the beach. The bed was super comfortable and I slept 10 hours the first night! All in all it was a good trip.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed August 25, 2012 via mobile

Lets start with the very good: The location is great less than 5 minute walk to the beach. A lot of places to eat within walking distance. The other reviews sayiing it was not on the beach is true but they never claimed to be on the beach.
Now for the not so good: Stayed in the Moulin Rouge Room. While the room was very nice in size it needs upgraded despertey There are bared bordes showing and the bed should be lifted off the floor a little more. I think the room has the potential to be awesome with some upgrades to the furniture and lots of remodeling. It was a birthday getaway and i expected (for the premium price we paid) to have a bit more birthday wishes as well as something in the room such as balloons or something for the price we paid.

All in all it was OK! I would go back when upgrades are complete.

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dahlonega, Georgia, United States
Reviewed August 19, 2012

I selected this for an anniversary get away. We started off in the Pirates theme room, which was excellent, great for a pirate fan like myself. As we checked in, the front desk clerk heard we were there on our anniversary, and offered to upgrade us to a suite with a hot tube. I asked to see our original room first..it was great, just no hot tub. So we checked out Endless Summer....it is Awesome!!!!!!!!!! Private entrance, heart shaped hot tub, close to all the action on Tybrissa and fishing piers.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Stockbridge, Georgia, United States
Reviewed August 5, 2012

What a horrible experience. We booked our three night trip online about two weeks before our trip. Our first night was pretty much uneventful. We parked our car in the last remaining parking space. I can say that the room was very clean - a lot smaller that the pictures lead us to believe. But that was fine. The second night we arrived back at the hotel after a full day of rambling around - there was NO PARKING SPACE for us to park our car. We were offered two choices 1) park our car down the street at The Dunes Hotel (no parking spot available there either) or park in on of the on-street parking spaces (but we would have to move our car by 8:00 AM the next morning). We were not able to find any place to park our car. I sat in the car in the middle of the road with my flashers on while my husband went into the office. We had no choice but to check out of the hotel. (We couldn't leave the car in the middle of the road all night). We were not given any refund on the third night of our stay. I call that GREED. There were no other hotel rooms available on the island so we wound up having to drive back into Savannah to find a room to stay for the night. I don't understand the zoning for the City of Tybee Island allowing a hotel to have 18 rooms for rent and only 12 parking spaces for the entire hotel. Don't expect any compassion from the staff at this hotel.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
8 Thank Cathy R

Travelers are raving about these Tybee Island hotels

Lees summit
Reviewed August 1, 2012

My husband and I wondered out on Tybee not knowing if we would stay or not and came upon the Atlantis. It was cloudy and gray, but the the front desk girl was so sweet and accommodating the day seemed great, We ended up in the 'key largo suite'. Yes, the hotel is old, but the room was clean and full of character and charm. The location was great for walking to everything we wanted. I would definitely go back again and my compliments to the very curteous staff.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Clarksville, Tennessee
Reviewed July 31, 2012

Room was EXCELLENT for a honeymoon getaway and in my opinion well worth the money for a once in a lifetime experience. Very romantic, very private, 5-star room for sure!!!
HOWEVER there were a couple of things that left a bad taste in my mouth about the stay overall. The town was a typically nice 'beach town' (not exactly a family friendly atmosphere at night - lots of weekend partying on the streets). But the parking is terrible. I counted 17 rooms in the motel and 13 parking spaces!!! And when I couldn't find a space the staff was not apologetic and acted like it wasn't a big deal. Avoiding the issue and offering no real solution - very unprofessional. For the money I paid for the room they should at least assure me a place to park my car! They should have at least warned us that there may be an issue with parking. It is a big deal as there are signs everywhere 'unauthorized vehicled towed at owners expense' and the parking police and tow trucks are very busy in this town! All the motels were packed the weekend we were there so there was no parking left anywhere. Luckily I could park at the Arby's across the street between 8pm and 8am (no parking police between those hours) and all three mornings I parked there (out of 6) there was one space available at 8am. Didn't like stressing about that and getting up early on my honeymoon. And the continental breakfast was pretty weak - bagels and muffins and fruit.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
#11 of 28 in Hilton Head
Hotel Tybee
Hotel Tybee
#2 of 8 in Tybee Island

Been to Atlantis Inn? Share your experiences!