“loved our stay...great service”
Review of Atlantis Inn

Atlantis Inn
Ranked #7 of 8 Tybee Island B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 1, 2012

My husband and I wondered out on Tybee not knowing if we would stay or not and came upon the Atlantis. It was cloudy and gray, but the the front desk girl was so sweet and accommodating the day seemed great, We ended up in the 'key largo suite'. Yes, the hotel is old, but the room was clean and full of character and charm. The location was great for walking to everything we wanted. I would definitely go back again and my compliments to the very curteous staff.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed July 31, 2012

Room was EXCELLENT for a honeymoon getaway and in my opinion well worth the money for a once in a lifetime experience. Very romantic, very private, 5-star room for sure!!!
HOWEVER there were a couple of things that left a bad taste in my mouth about the stay overall. The town was a typically nice 'beach town' (not exactly a family friendly atmosphere at night - lots of weekend partying on the streets). But the parking is terrible. I counted 17 rooms in the motel and 13 parking spaces!!! And when I couldn't find a space the staff was not apologetic and acted like it wasn't a big deal. Avoiding the issue and offering no real solution - very unprofessional. For the money I paid for the room they should at least assure me a place to park my car! They should have at least warned us that there may be an issue with parking. It is a big deal as there are signs everywhere 'unauthorized vehicled towed at owners expense' and the parking police and tow trucks are very busy in this town! All the motels were packed the weekend we were there so there was no parking left anywhere. Luckily I could park at the Arby's across the street between 8pm and 8am (no parking police between those hours) and all three mornings I parked there (out of 6) there was one space available at 8am. Didn't like stressing about that and getting up early on my honeymoon. And the continental breakfast was pretty weak - bagels and muffins and fruit.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rob H
Reviewed July 14, 2012

This has to be the worst motel ever. The rooms smell like sewage it is nothing like the pictures. My view out the room was 2 bicycles hangin on a fence and a old broke down tow truck . The room cost $190 it was called amber rose or something like that. We booked ahead of time for 3 nights I called and the manager was soooo nice over the phone but please dont let that fool you. When we arrived there was nowhere to park i mean it wasnt bc it was packed they might have 7 parking spots available period and im being generous. we asked if we could see the room and Im not a picky person or have to stay in some expensive suite but the room was sooooooooo small and smelt so bad and dont forget about our view! it was awful. We asked for a refund and at first they said that was fine then the manager Mel tried to sell us on the room and down the other motels and also told us we would be charged for the first night which was $190 this room wasnt even worth $50 a night and again im being extremely generous! we were pretty upset about that but took it in and found a much better room at ocean plaza. This place is rip off! O yea they say they are 200 steps from the beach ha no there is like 2 or 3 motels or condos between it and the beach I couldnt even see the beach if i walked out my room. but save your money and time and find another motel ocean plaza was so much nicer we stayed in room 1368 and we could see the ocean had a wonderful view and room this place really scared me though I dont ever want to book in advance again the worst experience I ever had. and a waste of almost $200 maybe they can use that to remodel a little though. seriously this room was bad real bad

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We drove out for a swim and stayed 3 days! Staff was friendly rooms where really cute. See you next year! Walking distance of beach,shopping&entertainment

Room Tip: each one different decor. Let them know your interest and they match you up
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank scott m
Reviewed July 2, 2012

This hotel was just down the street from the beach and shops. It was clean, the room was pleasant and the hotel staff were very helpful and friendly. The location was really great and the price was veryreasonable.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank jjcob
Reviewed June 27, 2012

My husband and I decided to honey moon at Tybee Island. As a new couple this was are first actual vacation as well as a very special time for us due to the recent wedding. I took it upon myself to make the arrangements. Over the phone the person at the Atlantis Inn was very helpful. They set my husband and I up for a two day stay in their Moulin Rouge Room. Are trip there was good but long, it took us four and half hours to get there. When we got to the hotel there was no parking all. I got out of the car to run in and ask the receptionist were more parking was. He was extremely nice and told us we could park out front and when he left for the night we could have his parking spot.
After we got parked my husband and I went in together to get our room keys. Once again the male receptionist that was there at the time was very helpful in letting us know where various things were around the island. We walked up to the room and I had noticed the sign on the door was not the same in which I had initially booked. The room number led us to the Poseidon Room. We unlocked the door to see rose petals leading up to the room. The room was absolutely breathtaking. As we looked around we noticed that there were items belonging to someone else in there. An IPad or Nook sitting on the table, a shopping bag in the chair, sandals and empty beer case in the bathroom... and bags. We were someone else's room! We both thought oh my goodness, if it was us staying in this room someone could have easily taken our stuff!!! Upset, we went down to the office again to get the correct keys to our room.
We once more pick up all our bags and went to the correct room. We open up the door to see a very very small room. For $550.00 for two nights it was no where worth it. It was hot, the window was left open and there were flies everywhere and worse of all... the room had never been cleaned. Trash everywhere, the bed completely ripped apart. The toilet had urine in it, The Jacuzzi was filthy, towels on the floor... terrible!
Very very upset my husband went down stairs and talked to the receptionist once more. The receptionist came up and apologized, stating that he would get in contact with the manager and we would be able to talk to him as well. Meanwhile, he put us into another room. This room went for a hundred and something a night. It was fairly equal in size to the Moulin Rouge Room, but did not have a Jacuzzi in it and was also very hot as well. There we sat for well over 3 hours. Several times in between checking in with the receptionist to see if the manager was on his way yet. Being told that the manager lived blocks away, we found it hard to understand why a matter like this wasn't urgent enough for him to come immediately.
By the time the manager made it to the hotel, we had already put our belongings back in the car and were prepared to make the long drive back home. After SEVERAL times of the manager saying 'give me just 15 minutes to get the room cleaned for you' and 'let me give you $50 for dinner somewhere', we finally made him realize that not only was it about the rooms, but at this point, it was also about our time wasted in waiting for him and the fact that it was our honey moon night.
Once things were settled (week to week 1/2) we got our money back for the rooms and now have to travel all the way back to Tybee so we don't miss out on our $190.00 non-refundable reservation for jet skis that we had planned for that next day. I hope that the individuals that had The Posidon Room for the weekend of June 15th. 2012 see this review and know as well that their keys to the room with all there valuable belongings was giving to complete strangers.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Jasmin W
Reviewed June 22, 2012

Very nice and helpfull service. With rooms remembering me on my younger years, but with lot of charm.

• Stayed: June 2012
#2 of 8 in Tybee Island
Dunes Inn & Suites
Dunes Inn & Suites
#3 of 8 in Tybee Island

Been to Atlantis Inn? Share your experiences!