“One Wild Adventure”

Atlantis Inn
Ranked #6 of 8 Tybee Island B&B and Inns
“One Wild Adventure”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2011

Although it is in no way a typical beach experience, the Atlantis Inn is an adventure that my wife and I still talk about constantly. Every room in the inn is decorated with a truly unique decor that thrills the senses.

From the "Gone with the Wind" room to the Atlantis Suite on the top floor, the hotel is a truly unique trill ride through and through. We caught an amazing deal in the off-season for the top floor, and we have already made plans to return with all our kids.

If you are accustomed to the finer things in life and adventure is something that other people have, this is not the hotel for you. But, if you want a truly unique time, this is your stop-off while on Tybee Island.

• Stayed February 2011
3 Thank debate76ster

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Spartanburg
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2011

Keep in mind that your not in Miami or Atlanta at a 4 star motel and this will be just fine. Each room has a different scheme and all are nice. A little pricey but real close to pier and all Tybee Island has to offer.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank GREATMOPAR
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2011

Stayed there in early August. Stayed in the Moulin Rouge room and I have to say some of what these people are saying is true, some of it not. There is a bit of cheapness to the room. There were holes on the ceiling that weren't fully covered. The bed had lights that didn't work all the way. We finally figured out the hot tub only works if you use straight hot water and stop halfway during fill to let
hot water build back up before finishing. It is close to the beach, but its not beachfront. About a two minute walk. Housekeeping came only once (we stayed 3 days) but come to find out there was suppose to be a sign we hang outside the room that lets them know we want it freshened up and our room didn't have one. The walls might be thin but we couldn't tell. The only time we heard anyone was when they were walking to their room and even then we only heard it once. The outdoor balcony is cheap, the table is not in good condition at all and the view leaves something to be desired. There aren't naked ladies hanging on the wall like one person said. But lets be real, you are going to the beach so you aren't really spending a whole lot of time in the room. I would go back to tybee. I might consider going to the Atlantis again but my wife and i want to try another hotel next time just to try something new. I would though go back to the Atlantis if we couldn't find or afford a beachfront hotel.

• Stayed August 2011
3 Thank terraphobia
Atyrau, Kazakhstan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2011

Last minute booking. Location is excellent. Staff was very friendly. This place could have been excellent place if they borrowed money from bank and renovated. Carpet is old, woods are aging.

• Stayed July 2011
2 Thank Travelokonda
Parker, Colorado
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2011

I liked the place but instead of $135 a night it's a $75 a night place and I'm being generous. It's old, the rooms are decoreted cool but when the front desk told me I can go get my ice across the street and pay for it, I was really turned off and then started noticing what a dump this place really was. My girl friend loved it and it was quiet but for the price it wasn't worth it.

Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Babalui69

Travelers are raving about these Tybee Island hotels

Kingsport, Tennessee
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2011

dont stay here...the place is nasty!!! floors are so dirty,we had to wear shoes the whole time.we had to ask everyday for someone to clean!i actually bought clorox wlso sept! housekeeping if thats what u wanna call it was bad!!! this is the kicker,i asked for a refund for 1 day early the owner told me i couldnt because it was policy i asked him to show me and he couldnt so i got my refund.now,heres the kicker,he next day we checked out at 9 or 10 at 905 that NIGHT a lady called and said she was chaging 80 dollars to my cc because i broke a coffee able!WHAT???? 12 hours later ur gonna call me??we did not break anything!!! so i am making a friendly call to the health and fire dept,no fire alarms in any rooms,window unit air that smelss,dirty,ect.the ONLY AND I MEAN ONLYnice thing i can say is a man there named MEL is so nice!hes the only reason we even stayed! so please take my word for it and dont stay! u will be very unhappy! unless u like filth and like to be hot,ohhhh,i forgot we didnt have water 1 day,and toilets were clogging up like crazy all week....nasty.people had to share a bathroom at one point...ew.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank abbyford99
kingsport,tn
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2011

When you first check in the lobby area is so clean and tidy giving you a false sense of what you will be staying in. The lobby area is up to date and current but the rooms are dated by about 40 years. I think my room was decorated by a few teenagers trying to go for a pirate look. Did not work out to well. A nautical theme would have worked better. The price we payed for a weeks stay within walking distance to the beach seemed fair at first. But as you come back from the beach daily you would expect that your room would be freshened up with the beds made, clean towels in your room and floors swept. I mean this at a minimum, so why am I daily having to go to the front desk asking for towels, beds not made. After day 4 we asked for cleaning supplies so we could clean the room ourselves. Finally got someones attention to our room. We love coming to Tybee but most certainly not will not stay at this location again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
#10 of 29 in Hilton Head
Hotel Tybee
Hotel Tybee
#2 of 8 in Tybee Island

Been to Atlantis Inn? Share your experiences!