“Great Value”

Ranked #1 of 55 Restaurants in Tybee Island
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed August 5, 2014

This restaurant was recommended to us by the operator of the "Haunted Pub Crawl" that we did in Savannah. We went during lunch on the 4th of July. We were seated within 15 minutes of arriving and all 4 of us ordered the seafood special of the day. The food was excellent. An earlier reviewer said this place was too pricey, but for everything we got, protein (in our case, fish) with 2 sides AND the drink AND the tax, we each paid $9. That's not bad for a nice sitdown lunch... I guess you could spend less with the $1 menu at McDonald's, but why would you want to? I will definitely go here again the next time I get down to Tybee.

There are newer reviews for Sundae Cafe

Reviewed August 4, 2014

My sister and I almost didn't go in because it doesn't look very special from the outside, but I'm really glad that we did! It was very pretty and clean and we loved it. It was my favorite place that we ate while we where on the island.

Reviewed August 3, 2014

Don't be fooled by the name - this is not for ice cream. I had the fried shrimp po' buy and it was really good. The shrimp was fresh and the bread soft. The wait was about 10 minutes but there were empty tables. The wait staff clears the tables and the restaurant would be wise to hire a bus person to clear table so that customers can be served right away.

Reviewed August 1, 2014 via mobile

We have eaten here several times, and the food is pretty good. It's a little pricey for lunch. We waited over 30 minutes to get our lunch after we ordered. Club sandwich, chicken salad sandwich, ham and cheese sandwich, all with fries...not sure what took so long to cook. The waitresses were nice, personable, and upbeat. Restrooms were nice as well.

Reviewed July 30, 2014

We enjoyed lunch. I had the best PoBoy Shrimp sandwich ever. My husband raved about the hamburger he had. He stated it was cooked to perfection. He stated it was so tasty that he did not need any condiments. And, that is saying something for a man who adds garlic salt to everything he eats.

The waitress recommended making reservations for dinner, which 5 PM - 9 PM. The only down side to this restaurant was the parking situation.