“Delicious”

Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Indiana
“Delicious”
Reviewed July 3, 2014

Upon reading other reviews we made a reservation for this restaurant. From the road this restaurant doesn't look like the kind of place in which you need a reservation. However we quickly realized that if you didn't make one, you most likely wouldn't get in for the evening. (Exception: we did see probably two parties of 2 be seated who didn't have reservations.) Several of us in our party of 10 had trouble choosing what to order because multiple items sounded delicious. We ended up with the jambalaya, flounder, and "lobster Mac and cheese" (scallops & penne pasta). I had the pistachio crusted tuna, which was perfectly prepared. My husband had the surf and turf (steak and crab cake); both parts were very good, but he especially enjoyed the steak. Everyone though the food was cooked perfectly and delicious....clean plates. The kids menu is small, three choices I believe. Our 4 & 6 year olds split the adult cheeseburger with fries and had plenty of food each. We took homemade key lime pie to go, and it was smooth with authentic flavor. It is around $25-30 for the fresh seafood. Worth it! We would definitely dine there again.

• Visited July 2014

“Sunday night steak night... Monday”
Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

We always have filet on Sunday night. It's tradition we started in '97. We try to keep it even when we travel. We've missed a few Sunday's over the years. We usually make it up on Monday. The Sundae Cafe is closed on Sunday. We could have picked another place, but decided to wait. My wife called Monday for reservations... 8:30 pm... Not ideal. We were already in for the wait. It was worth it. Great service. Mouth-watering steaks. Highly recommended.

1 Thank CP M
Atlanta, Georgia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A little known gem”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

This restaurant is very unassuming to see from the outside, but once inside you know it is something special. The restaurant is clean, quiet and has a great menu. I had a flounder dish that was cooked perfectly and the taste was out of this world. The staff is knowledgeable and most helpful. I think it is the classiest restaurant on Tybee Island. I don't go to Tybee without going to Sundae Café.

• Visited April 2014
Miami Beach, Florida
“Absolutely delicious!”
Reviewed June 26, 2014 via mobile

Vacationing on this lovely island with a locally based friend who highly recommended this little gem. Everything was fantastic! Be sure to make reservations- place was packed on a Tuesday night. Truly one of the best meals I've had in a long time. We both had the halibut over a lobster risotto pancake and shared the sensational peanut butter pie.

Lexington, Kentucky
“One of the best places on Tybee”
Reviewed June 24, 2014

When I told an acquaintance that I was coming to Tybee Island, he insisted that I would love The Sundae Cafe, and he told me to get reservations. Right on both counts! We made reservations for a Tuesday evening, and the place quickly filled up. Barney, our waiter, was very attentive to us and to all of the tables around us. Whenever he noticed someone eyeing food that was being delivered, he stopped and told them what it was. I ordered a chopped salad, which was full of lots of wonderful tastes! It was lightly tossed in blue cheese dressing, and topped with sesame sticks, cucumbers tomatoes, and much more. My husband ordered the seafood bisque, and he had to help me with my salad too. The bread was delicious, and served with warm, seasoned olive oil. For my entree, I ordered the pecan-crusted chicken with mashed potatoes and succotash . It was all delicious, and again, my husband obliged me by helping me eat part of it. My husband ordered the lobster and scallop macaroni and cheese, which he loved.
We didn't have room for dessert, so we'll have to come back. It's definitely worth the trip!

• Visited June 2014