“A little known gem”

Ranked #1 of 55 Restaurants in Tybee Island
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed June 30, 2014

This restaurant is very unassuming to see from the outside, but once inside you know it is something special. The restaurant is clean, quiet and has a great menu. I had a flounder dish that was cooked perfectly and the taste was out of this world. The staff is knowledgeable and most helpful. I think it is the classiest restaurant on Tybee Island. I don't go to Tybee without going to Sundae Café.

Reviewed June 26, 2014 via mobile

Vacationing on this lovely island with a locally based friend who highly recommended this little gem. Everything was fantastic! Be sure to make reservations- place was packed on a Tuesday night. Truly one of the best meals I've had in a long time. We both had the halibut over a lobster risotto pancake and shared the sensational peanut butter pie.

Reviewed June 24, 2014

When I told an acquaintance that I was coming to Tybee Island, he insisted that I would love The Sundae Cafe, and he told me to get reservations. Right on both counts! We made reservations for a Tuesday evening, and the place quickly filled up. Barney, our waiter, was very attentive to us and to all of the tables around us. Whenever he noticed someone eyeing food that was being delivered, he stopped and told them what it was. I ordered a chopped salad, which was full of lots of wonderful tastes! It was lightly tossed in blue cheese dressing, and topped with sesame sticks, cucumbers tomatoes, and much more. My husband ordered the seafood bisque, and he had to help me with my salad too. The bread was delicious, and served with warm, seasoned olive oil. For my entree, I ordered the pecan-crusted chicken with mashed potatoes and succotash . It was all delicious, and again, my husband obliged me by helping me eat part of it. My husband ordered the lobster and scallop macaroni and cheese, which he loved.
We didn't have room for dessert, so we'll have to come back. It's definitely worth the trip!

1  Thank DeeBJones
Reviewed June 23, 2014

Everyone told us this was the place to go for the best meal in Tybee. We kept driving by it, thinking really? As the other reviews said, looks can be deceiving. I ended up dressing up a bit for dinner this night and was glad I did. It was upscale inside, you'd never know it from the outside. Beautiful atmosphere. We had the seafood cheesecake and fried tomatoes for appetizers, filet over creamed spinach, and seafood platter. We ordered the snicker pie to go. Everything was excellent, although my hubby said some of his seafood was a little greasy. Our waitress was excellent (sweet redhead). She made sure we had re-fills, made recommendations, checked on us, etc. She was a pleasure.

Reviewed June 23, 2014

We were told by friends who grew up in Savannah that we had to find this little cafe in a strip mall next to a gas station. And the innkeeper at Tybee Island Inn recommended it so we made it a mission to find it. You will need reservations for dinner, if you go early (before 11) or late for lunch (after 2) you can get right in. The service and food were EXCELLENT. I had a fish taco - had a good one in Anna Maria Island last year that was so good I've been trying them all over the place and haven't found one to equal...until now. My husband had the fish sandwich on a honey wheat roll and it was great too. We had planned to come back, at least for dessert but unfortunately never made it back.