“One of the best places on Tybee”
Review of Sundae Cafe

Sundae Cafe
Ranked #1 of 55 Restaurants in Tybee Island
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Lexington, Kentucky
“One of the best places on Tybee”
Reviewed June 24, 2014

When I told an acquaintance that I was coming to Tybee Island, he insisted that I would love The Sundae Cafe, and he told me to get reservations. Right on both counts! We made reservations for a Tuesday evening, and the place quickly filled up. Barney, our waiter, was very attentive to us and to all of the tables around us. Whenever he noticed someone eyeing food that was being delivered, he stopped and told them what it was. I ordered a chopped salad, which was full of lots of wonderful tastes! It was lightly tossed in blue cheese dressing, and topped with sesame sticks, cucumbers tomatoes, and much more. My husband ordered the seafood bisque, and he had to help me with my salad too. The bread was delicious, and served with warm, seasoned olive oil. For my entree, I ordered the pecan-crusted chicken with mashed potatoes and succotash . It was all delicious, and again, my husband obliged me by helping me eat part of it. My husband ordered the lobster and scallop macaroni and cheese, which he loved.
We didn't have room for dessert, so we'll have to come back. It's definitely worth the trip!

1 Thank DeeBJones

Pekin, Illinois
“Make reservations!”
Reviewed June 23, 2014

Everyone told us this was the place to go for the best meal in Tybee. We kept driving by it, thinking really? As the other reviews said, looks can be deceiving. I ended up dressing up a bit for dinner this night and was glad I did. It was upscale inside, you'd never know it from the outside. Beautiful atmosphere. We had the seafood cheesecake and fried tomatoes for appetizers, filet over creamed spinach, and seafood platter. We ordered the snicker pie to go. Everything was excellent, although my hubby said some of his seafood was a little greasy. Our waitress was excellent (sweet redhead). She made sure we had re-fills, made recommendations, checked on us, etc. She was a pleasure.

Louisville
“Sundae Cafe - Not open on Sunday!”
Reviewed June 23, 2014

We were told by friends who grew up in Savannah that we had to find this little cafe in a strip mall next to a gas station. And the innkeeper at Tybee Island Inn recommended it so we made it a mission to find it. You will need reservations for dinner, if you go early (before 11) or late for lunch (after 2) you can get right in. The service and food were EXCELLENT. I had a fish taco - had a good one in Anna Maria Island last year that was so good I've been trying them all over the place and haven't found one to equal...until now. My husband had the fish sandwich on a honey wheat roll and it was great too. We had planned to come back, at least for dessert but unfortunately never made it back.

Visited June 2014
“Parking is very limited, go for dinner”
Reviewed June 23, 2014

We read the menu online and got really excited to try this place out. We went for lunch and had a really hard time getting parking. The lot only has a few spaces (the rest belong to other business), there are a few street parking spots (that are metered, the restaurant doesnt give change, the laundry mat next door has signs about not giving change, so be prepared before you go with change). We were disappointed to find out the menu we saw online was for dinner and wasnt served at lunch. Their lunch menu was ok but I think we would have been more impressed at dinner. We got crab cakes and and fish tacos. They were good but about the same as we had had at other stops. We did get to go deserts and enjoyed these also. Its a small space and our table was right next to the door so it can feel rushed and busy. Try to go when the crowd will be lower.

McComb, Mississippi
“Best on Tybee”
Reviewed June 20, 2014

This is the best restaurant on the island hands down. The food and the service is excellent. The grilled fish was great as usual. The calamari is the best anywhere. They have a good wine selection and full bar. The key lime pie is great too. The only negative is the fact that reservations are difficult to come by. Call at least 2 days ahead in the summer.. Parking is also an issue as it is in a convenient store complex. This is must stop for a great meal on Tybee.