“Best on Tybee”

Ranked #1 of 55 Restaurants in Tybee Island
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed June 20, 2014

This is the best restaurant on the island hands down. The food and the service is excellent. The grilled fish was great as usual. The calamari is the best anywhere. They have a good wine selection and full bar. The key lime pie is great too. The only negative is the fact that reservations are difficult to come by. Call at least 2 days ahead in the summer.. Parking is also an issue as it is in a convenient store complex. This is must stop for a great meal on Tybee.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,667)

997 - 1,001 of 1,667 reviews

Reviewed June 17, 2014

We've been coming to Tybee for several years and always make a stop at Sundae's Cafe. Yes it's small and busy, yes the parking is awful and yes, you often have to wait for your food. Still, we keep coming back because we've never not had an excellent meal here. The scallops are very good as is the tuna salad, oysters, and desserts.

1  Thank love2RiceVA
Reviewed June 17, 2014

I ate here with my wife for our anniversary. The key lime pie martini was yummy, and I'd recommend the shrimp and grits (spicy), but we also have several complaints.

For the prices they charge, I expect more. There were several flies buzzing around the bar and our food, which was off-putting. The service was good but not great. Also, my wife got a salad as her entree and she was very disappointed with it.

Reviewed June 17, 2014

I have visited Tybee with family every year of my life. As other reviewers have stated, the location of Sundae Cafe might make you think twice. Don't worry, they won't miss your business if you drive on by. The restaurant will be full without you. On my most recent trip, I had a business meeting on Skidaway Island (about a 40-minute drive from Tybee). My client comes from an old Savannah family. She told me that many people drive out from Savannah just to eat at Sundae Cafe. I had lunch there a couple of days later and I noticed a suspicious number of patrons who didn't seem to have sand between their toes....

The service was friendly and efficient. The food was great. Lunch prices are reasonable. I highly recommend it, especially with a reservation.

Here's a tip I heard from someone at the beach: You can place takeout orders, skip the line, and enjoy the food at your rental place.

Reviewed June 16, 2014

This is considered the 5 star restaurant on Tybee and it is! Reservations are recommended for dinner.