“Simply the Best”

Ranked #1 of 55 Restaurants in Tybee Island
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed February 11, 2014

Spent a week or so on Tybee in January. Ate at some tourist spots and a couple of nice Savannah restaurants. We found Sundae Café midweek and that was the only place we ate the rest of the trip. We tried to get to everything on the menu but alas we ran out of time. Seafood, pork chops, the filet, etc. All perfection. The sign inside said it all.
"It's all about the food"

1  Thank Buckeyetraveler2014
There are newer reviews for Sundae Cafe

Reviewed January 28, 2014

Got into Tybee yesterday from Fort Lauderdale on our way back to Virginia. We have been here a couple times but a first for Sundae Cafe. Great food. Lobster Mac & cheese /seared scallops fantastic and hubby had the filet and that melted in our mouth. The staff were very friendly and by the time the bread and salad were gone our food hit the table. Great job SUNDAE CAFE :) The meals have been so good we aren't even worried about the 25 year ice storm moving in on as I type this review..........A must visit!!!!!

1  Thank Geneva D
Reviewed January 28, 2014

We came here twice for lunch during our visit to Tybee. It is a popular spot for locals. We had the specials each time ($8 each), that included sides and drinks. The grouper bites were very good. We also had chicken and pork chops. We recommend the baked beans, broccoli cassarole, and sweet potato fries. It is in a little strip mall, so no beach atmosphere, but there is some free parking (rare on Tybee).

1  Thank dec49
Reviewed January 25, 2014

We made our first trip to Savannah almost two years ago and had our first experience at Sundae Cafe then. We always said if we went back, we'd have to go to Sundae Cafe. We did and it was even better the second time around! We shared an appetizer of fried calamari that was very good. I like mine a little crispier but it was still very good and the accompanying marinara-like sauce was delicious. I had shrimp and grits--as I did first time around--and I think it was even better this time! My husband had a wonderful grilled tuna that was perfectly prepared. We took back to our apartment a slice of their homemade key lime pie, which was also very good. Our waiter, Amy, was fantastic. She made this return visit even more special.

1  Thank CarolinaKitty
Reviewed January 21, 2014

When we got there I could tell that the restaurant had frequent customers because everyone knew everyone, we felt like black sheep. The server was fairly rude during most of the meal and made a few comments that would have been better unsaid.

My girlfriend got the flounder and within minutes of eating it she couldn't eat anymore because her stomach hurt so bad. I had the lobster mac 'n' cheese and mine was actually quite good! We also had the egg roll which were tasty! All in all, the experience was okay. The redeeming factor was MY meal. Everything else was nothing like you could expect to be in a restaurant of that magnitude. I would recommend it if you're visiting just to understand the hype everyone gives it, but I doubt I will be going back.