“A must go!”

Sundae Cafe
Ranked #1 of 54 Restaurants in Tybee Island
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Kids, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“A must go!”
Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

Don't let the location fool you. Best food and desserts on Tybee! Atmosphere is comfortable yet elegant. Food is out of this world. Service is excellent! This is a must.

• Visited July 2013
3 Thank AllieMartin

Atlanta, Georgia, United States
“They were right! Fantastic!”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Just about every local on Tybee Island has mentioned that Sundae Cafe is the best food on Tybee Island. Located in a small strip plaza nestled between a gas station and a liquor store, I found it difficult to bring myself to try it. Wow, am I glad I did! My wife had the double cut pork chops and I tried the scored flounder...both were wonderful. Our guests all tried different dishes and the table talk was unanimous...Sundae Cafe hits it out of the park!

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank Scott R
Jacksonville, Florida
“Going Downhill”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Many of the dishes are still delicious, but they were out of several items early, and ran out of bread. We were told by the waiter we could change our sides, but not informed that it would cost additional. They no longer serve the wonderful lamb chops that were once on their menu. It still may be one of the better restaurants on Tybee, since several others have closed.

Visited July 2013
Savannah, Georgia
“True "local" restaurant”
Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

We are Savannah natives and this one of our favorite recommendations for out of town visitors. The food and service is consistently very good, they have recently remodeled and the prices are reasonable. An unlikely location in a strip mall next to the XYZ liquor store. Choices include typical fried seafood and a number of more interesting dishes including steaks and pastas. A bonus is they take reservations, unusual on Tybee. The grouper sandwich is my recommendation.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Don S
Mooresville, North Carolina
“Sublime!”
Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

Prior to my vacation on Tybee, everyone I spoke to - who had been to the area before - told me about the Sundae Cafe. They told me I should make sure not to miss it. So glad I heeded their advice! The restaurant is unassuming from the outside, but don't be dismayed! Once you step inside, prepare to be wowed by the food! Everything my family and me ordered was fantastic! I had the special, Hawaiian Sea Bass with a Shrimp Mofongo and Sautéed okra...awesome! One of my top ten meals ever! It was the perfect place to close our vacation on Tybee - make your reservations and go!!

• Visited June 2013