“Great Fish Tacos”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Takeout
Reviewed June 8, 2014

Wife and I loved the grilled Mahi tacos so much, we went to Fannies twice while in Tybee :)
Try em, you'll like em!

Reviewed June 7, 2014

We went to Fannie's for Sunday Brunch and were not disappointed. We sat upstairs so we could look over the beach. It was a gorgeous day with lots of beach activity. The sun was shining and the breeze just the right temperature.

We started off with the mimosas. Our friends had Bloody Marys. They were especially pleased with those...just the right amount of spice. Our mimosas were refreshing and we took advantage of the brunch drink prices. We ordered and my Eggs Benedict were exactly as I hoped. Flavored well, smooth hollandaise perfectly cooked eggs and fried potatoes with just the right amount of soft and crunchy. My husband had the grouper sandwich with fries and loved it. Battered and fried with just the right amount of crunch.

Our waitperson, Jodi, was delightful. She kept an eagle eye on us. We never had to ask for refills or extra anything. We even asked if we could just sit and look over the beach after we finished. Jodi assured us it was no problem to stay as long as we liked.

We kept seeing all the great looking plates of food go by and even though we were full, our mouths kept watering. Fannie's will be a regular stop when we go to Tybee next year.

Reviewed June 2, 2014

A friend of ours who lives around the area took us to Fannie's. I thought the place was okay, it does have a good view of the beach. I ordered fried shrimp and oysters, but I found both to be bland. I could get better fried oysters somewhere else, so I was not impressed because I am a huge fan of fried oysters. The other big problem we had was the slow service. There was hardly anyone there besides our party of close to 15 people, but it took awhile for the drinks and food to come out. Our waiter apologized and claimed that the kitchen was having problems with the amount of orders coming in at once. Well, first of all, at other restaurants like Outback and Longhorn, they get many orders within 5 minutes, which shows the kitchen staff needs to be trained more on how to react when they get a good amount of orders coming in at the same time. As for us, I guess I would recommend it, but I would probably like to try somewhere else next time.

1  Thank Caleb J
Reviewed May 29, 2014 via mobile

This place has an incredible view of the beach and ocean. It has a lively atmosphere and good service. The food was decent but not wonderful. The burgers seemed like the best bet, and it was tasty.
I would reccomend giving it a try.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

We met a local at the beach in the morning and he told us to "try" Fannies before we left. We had talked about going to another "famous" location but decided to take his advice. He did NOT steer us wrong! We were so glad that we dined there. The food is delicious and the portions are huge!! I could not finish my grilled chicken sandwich with avocados and fries. The sandwich was enormous! It was a fabulous place to eat and I would definitely return when I visit Tybee again.