“Mediocre...”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Takeout
Reviewed February 24, 2014

My two young granddaughters and I stopped here for lunch. It was not crowded and we were seated by the window. The restaurant looked like it could stand some refurbishing and touching up. The server was busy but came with our beverages and took our order. She came back a few moments later to inform me that they were out of the oysters. I settled for the fish po'boy which came with three small thin pieces of overcooked fried fish. They looked like they came out of a freezer bag. The tartar sauce was minimal and I had to ask for more, and it was simply mayonnaise with a hint of perhaps relish? My older granddaughter ordered a fried shrimp lunch with fries and hushpuppies (included) and that was fine, but she had to ask again for the cocktail sauce. The hushpuppies were three very small ones for the price. My younger granddaughter ordered a hamburger and that was okay. However, with one tea and one cup of coffee, the price for these three lunches came to almost $40.00.

There are newer reviews for Fannie's on the Beach

Reviewed February 18, 2014

Thanks to Todd T for giving us great service and a friendly smile. Go buy the Bloody Mary mix. We'll be back tomorrow. The fish taco, fried shrimp and the Pizza with Smoked Gouda was awesome.

Reviewed February 5, 2014

We visited this place twice for lunch. The food was excellent. Our waitress and waiter were both very friendly! We also went in to watch the super bowl and the deals they were running were fantastic! We had a bucket of beer, 12 wings, a pile of onion rings and celery all for only $20. BTW, I love wings and that was some of the BEST wings I have ever had. The onion rings were out of this world! And of course the beer was cold! I definitely will have lunch here on my next trip to Tybee. Thanks guys for a great experience!

4  Thank Ashley E
Reviewed January 6, 2014 via mobile

An excellent Bloody Mary and the shrimp burger was decent. The prices are reasonable, the service good, and the view is great.

Reviewed December 29, 2013

Typical bar food, nothing to write home about. They are known more for their drinks and views. Pass if you are looking for good food.