“Exceptional science experience”

Tybee Island Marine Science Center
More attraction details
Owner description: We provide year-round programs for island visitors and groups . . . On the beach, in the marsh, on the water, in the classroom, and our Coastal Georgia Gallery. Our mission is to cultivate responsible stewardship of coastal Georgia's natural resources through education, conservation, and research. Island's Visitors: Walks, Talks & Treks and Sea Camp: Coastal Kids Ocean Adventure Corporate-Family-Elderhostel Groups: Authentic Coastal Experience and Floating Classrooms School Groups: Coastal Classroom Girl Scouts: Coastal Badge Program Boy and Cub Scouts: Barrier Island Patch Program and Oceanography Merit Badge Program Our Ocean Outreach program extends our educational reach to public and private events
Reviewed March 30, 2014

A "must see" for folks new to the beach, especially for kids. An invaluable learning experience that will give kids (and maybe some adults, too) a new perspective of the wonders of the ocean.

Cody S, Public Relations Manager at Tybee Island Marine Science Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2014

Hi Jim! Thanks so much for your kind words and support for the science center. It's community partners like you that keep us going. Thanks again!

Reviewed March 27, 2014

Nice MSS to visit and learn. The video screens and the information written (on tags) on displays gave a lot of information. I happen to be there when a school group was there. The MSS guide/teacher was excellent in how she spoke with the kids. They had a session in the classroom 1st ( I could tell because of the questions she asked the kids and how she kept referring back to what they had talked about. I found myself standing there listening to their lesson (the teacher in me). Yes the MSS is small but has a wealth of educational information. I enjoyed it.

Hi there! Thanks so much for visiting the science center and supporting us with your review. We really do have a fantastic team of educators and I'm thrilled that you got to see one of them in action! I hope you'll join us for a walk, talk, or trek on your next visit for a more one-on-one educator experience. Thanks again!

Reviewed March 23, 2014

There are several tanks with fish, turtles, and alligators, with informational plaques over them to help you learn about the local wildlife. This is a small, but very interesting center. The staff was very helpful.

1  Thank Gloria S
Cody S, Public Relations Manager at Tybee Island Marine Science Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2014

Hi, Gloria! Thanks so much for visiting and reviewing the center. We really appreciate the support. I hope you'll join us for a Walk, Talk, or Trek next time you're visiting Tybee!

Reviewed March 6, 2014

Though small in size, the venue is large in scope. A wealth of information on marine life is available and, surprisingly, in quite an abundance. The staff is eager and willing to assist and graciously show their appreciation.

2  Thank Perry H
Cody S, Public Relations Manager at Tybee Island Marine Science Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2014

Hi there! Thank you so much for visiting the science center and writing your TipAdvisor review. You really seem to get us! I'm so glad you enjoyed your visit and had a chance to meet our wonderful staff. I hope we see you back soon!

Reviewed March 1, 2014

It's a small science center...you can see everything in under a half hour. But the work they do is very important to the marine life of the area and your admission fee goes toward protection of the animals.

2  Thank dee-you08
Cody S, Public Relations Manager at Tybee Island Marine Science Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2014

Hi there! Thanks so much for visiting and supporting the science center, as well as taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor. I know we're really tiny, but being seen as one part of a great day at Tybee, just like you noted, is exactly what we hope for. I hope you'll follow us, both during future visits and on our Facebook page, to see how we're growing and changing, Hope to see you again soon!