“I loved the campground.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Tybee Island
Rivers End Campground and RV Park
Frankfort, Kentucky
“I loved the campground.”
Reviewed September 18, 2010

I'm glad I didn't rely on some of the horrible reviews or I would have missed out on a very nice campground. The campground was very quiet. Staff were nice, especially Rex. They were very helpful in locating a good spot for our camper. I am used to even smaller quarters where I'm from in Ky so I wasn't expecting a huge lot. Our lot was quite big, though, a lot bigger than I am used to.. I loved all the live oak trees. I didn't need the showers or restrooms as my RV is equipped. It was very close to the beach, but more than 3 blocks. We rode our bikes there every day. Had great cable tv, 70 channels, including HBO. I had great Wi-Fi in the camper. I would highly recommend this campground and would definitely come back.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
6 Thank dorothy2323

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Bellefontaine, Ohio
Reviewed September 9, 2010

Ok first i must start out by saying TYBEE is the place to be. My family has gone there 3x in 1.5years. Condo stay is highly recommended--its sooo worth the cost. Labor Day Weekend we chose to change things up a bit and stay in what we thought was going to be our best trip yet! WRONG. We stayed at River'sEnd Campground in a CABIN. ALL I CAN SAY IS INFESTED with what i call ROACHES. We changed plans from staying in Downtown Savannagh to staying Fri, Sat ,and Sun on Tyb at the Cabin.
First before we talk about the roach infestation i must include they have no place for parking. Check in lane is the lane you must take to get back to cabins and the road was constantly blocked!!! Yes by people who are going into the store to check in or even shop!!Imagine how long you sit and wait just to get back to the cabin. Could be 5 minutes could be 20 minutes.
So here we are at the Cabin -- day light no problem. Night time hits and the bugs fri night started like crazy!! 7 to 10 roaches out of the ceiling. Killed all of them and thought oh they r dead. NOPE-- Sat night same thing. Called the manager on duty.. he came out and said islands are known for this but i understand where you r coming from. They do look like roaches. (Heres the thing roaches and palmetto bugs 2 diff things for those of you who don't know this.) My children were terrified!! Slept with the lights on ENTIRE night!! Planned a shark trip next am and check out was by 11am. We turned our key into office at 7am. While on ocean fishing i called office and told them we would not be returning due to the pest issue. Received a call while out to sea offering another cabin!!! That was our only option otherwise we'd have to speak to the manager on TUESDAY!!! WRONG answer people...Who wants to stay in another cabin---especially the one right next to the one we were in. So to sum this up---Had to leave our vacation short by1 day, threw 50.00 in food away, and paid for a night we have yet to here back from as weather we will be refunded for. Today is THURSDAY!!

5 Thank corey4
Resaca, Georgia
Reviewed June 30, 2010

The campground is ok, but it needs some TLC. They do not have enough employees working the grounds.

Most of the staff is friendly to a certain degree. Except for one lady working in registration and the camp store, not friendly at all. She really should not be working directly with customers because she has soured my overall opinion of the campground.

The beach is very easy to get to from the campground.

statham, ga
Reviewed June 14, 2010

We camped for 4 nights at River's End and had an awesome time! The staff was very friendly and helpful. The sites are very close together, but you are on a small island so keep that into consideration. I do not feel as though we had a lack of privacy due to the closeness of the sites. I do like the fact that the bath houses have the shower/sink/toilet all in one stall rather than it all being grouped together in one bath house like at most other campgrounds. The bathrooms did tend to get pretty dirty from time to time even though they are cleaned thoroughly twice daily. But again, you're at the beach. Sand, dirt and leaves are gonna get tracked in. The pool was very nice, much larger than pools at some hotels. My family will definitely stay at River's End in the future.

4 Thank leisau
outer banks
Reviewed June 5, 2010

nasty bathrooms, small campsite, high prices for what you get, you can't walk anywhere without being followed or watched by workers.
we could not sit at our campsite without something negitive being said by the workers, or be threaten to throw you out. MY family will never stay their again, I hate Tybee Island has such a business in their neighborhood

2 Thank moonlady423
Nashville, NC
Reviewed March 20, 2010

We stay at Rivers End Campground at least twice a year, and, have for 3 or 4 years. The staff are extremely helpful on the phone when making your reservations. They suggest which site will be best for your rv. Some of the sites are small,but, not all of them. Plus, we don't go to stay in our rv, we go to attend festivities on the island & to visit Savannah. I suggest that you request lot 139, which is a nice size lot & if it rains, you still don't have any problems with water standing. You are approximately 5 minutes from the river and 10 minutes to the beach. Plenty of good restaurants in the area. Our rv is equipped with a bathroom, so, we have never been in the bath house. Beautiful drive to Savannah.

Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
3 Thank A F
GA
Reviewed March 7, 2010

Nice location, close to the beach. I stay here often, almost yearly. It helps if you know the campground, you can pick your site when you make reservations. Some sites are not suitable for larger campers. The bathrooms are prefab, the staff tries to keep them clean but on busy days its hard for them to keep up. My camper has a bathroom so that's not an issue. Staff is friendly and helpful.

This campground has recently went from private ownership to municiple ownership. The Chatham Co. rec Department are making improvement though progress is slower than I would like.

Overall its a good place to stay, especially if you are going for the beach.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
#4 of 8 in Tybee Island
Surf Song Bed & Breakfast
Surf Song Bed & Breakfast
#1 of 8 in Tybee Island

Been to Rivers End Campground and RV Park? Share your experiences!