“Great park for Tybee and Savannah Visiting” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Rivers End Campground and RV Park

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Tybee Island
Rivers End Campground and RV Park
Seattle, Washington
“Great park for Tybee and Savannah Visiting”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2013

Park is very clean. Greeters take you to sites. Options include 50 AMP and full hookups. Tent camping available. 2 blocks to beach. Store with basic ammenities. Bathrooms are inclusive individual rooms- toilet, sink, and shower. Pool. City owns the park.

Room Tip: Cabins available.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Dallas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013

I did an overnight at Rivers End. The people when making a reservation, checking in, and when the faucet for my site broke were all very nice and helpful. It's a nice, clean campground in town.

The only thing I wasn't wild about was the bathroom set up. Their bathhouses consist of rooms that contain a shower, sink, and toilet and are for both men and women. When traveling I would prefer a dedicated women's bathhouse rather than ones used by both sexes.

As a solo traveler I felt safe here. Tybee Island is a very nice place to visit and consequently the sites here were the most expensive I've ever paid for, but it was worth it to be out on the island.

Room Tip: Talk to the people at check in - they'll move you to another site if they think they have someth...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank gstxtravel
Greenville SC
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2013

Pros - a campground on Tybee Island
Cons- located right beside a sewer treatment plant and the outlet of the Savannah river which equals less than ideal water conditions (if you care about bacteria and such)
Price is WAY more than the place is worth.
Ants! Ants! Ants! Big ones! Small Ones! Biting Ones! We have never had such an ant problem coming into our camper as we did here!!
It is a well functioning facility but nothing glamourous. Is best suited for a weekend trip to the beach but not somewhere you would want to stay for a week vacation

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank thesprinkers
Dublin, Georgia, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

We rented a cabin on the campground for $150 per night. We arrived early and stopped at the office to see if we could get in and just put our stuff inside before heading to the beach for the day. The cabin was clean and ready but there was a $25 fee for checking in early.
When we did get in at 3 we found that the ac unit was in the front of the cabin and that the bedroom got little or no air from it. The beds were ridiculous. The main bedroom had a mattress that you could feel the springs through and the bunk beds were like sleeping on sand bags. For what they charge I would expect more comfortable accommodations.
Overall, the campground is a giant parking lot with far to few bathrooms and showers ( the only saving grace of the cabin was its own bathroom) and a tiny little pool with maybe 10 chairs for the 100+ camp sites.
The staff at the office seemed burnt out and very short with everyone that came in. When we checked out, they didn't even ask us how our stay was or if we would like to book for next Labor Day. Not a recommend in my book. You could very well rent a nice place at the beach for what we paid.

• Stayed August 2013
      Rooms
7 Thank Jennifer B
Corning, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

Absolutely the worst experience. Staff had no conscience or common courtesy. To say I received poor service is an understatement. I don't care how close to the beach it is.......nothing can make up for the unprofessional behavior of the staff. I will continue to choose RV Parks that are owned by people who appreciate my business and take their responsibiliites as HOST seriously. This is one AWFUL RV park.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
16 Thank Kelly M
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2013

My friend and I took our daughters on a road trip across country. Our turn around point was Tybee Island. From the pacific to the Atlantic. We called and paid for our space and requested late registration. I was told there would be a map in the box with our space number on it. We got in at 1 am andthere was no map with pur be on it
There was an emergency number and I called it, turned out it was police dispatch. I apologized and explained my circumstances. He said to call him back if we couldn't find our space. I called him back a few minutes later and he said he would call the manager, a Mr Hemphill, and have him call us back. We waited and no call came. I called the dispatch office again and this time he gave me the managers number. I called him several times and it went right to voicemail. I called dispatch back again and asked if he had actually spoken to the manager and he said that he had. I tried again to call him but again it went to voicemail. The dispatch officer told us we could park in the police station parking lot. And that is where I write this from. We have four kids in a motorhome with no air conditioning because we have no power because we have no hookups. The manager of the park took our money, then dodged our calls, when he knew full well that we were out there without our paid space. I even called the hotels around to see if we could get a room for the night but the entire island is sold out. It is fraud to take someone's money and then not deliver the service they paid for. Not to mention ruining a vacation all because the manager was too lazy to get out of bed and handle a problem that is his job.

• Stayed August 2013
      Rooms
15 Thank christopherpines
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

The word accommodating isn't in their vocabulary. The office staff is horrible. The one exception one the part time young receptionist. I have written two reviews in 5 years of traveling with my husband. This stay was negative review worthy. We left early and went to another campground I think that says enough.

• Stayed July 2013