“Excellent Seafood Better Service”
Review of MacElwee's Seafood

MacElwee's Seafood
Ranked #25 of 55 Restaurants in Tybee Island
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Takeout
Atlanta, Georgia
“Excellent Seafood Better Service”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

I have been to McElwees twice, once with a large group and once just my wife and I. Both times the service was great and the food was hot and we'll prepared. I think the members of the group tried about everything on the menu and no one was disappointed. The food and service was consistent both trips. I highly recommend McElwees if you are ever near Tybee.

• Visited July 2013

Walnut Cove, North Carolina
“Excellent Food and Service”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

We had dinner and were met with a friendly greeting and seated promptly. We had a 1/2 pound of steamed shrimp and the grilled mahi and both were both absolutely terrific. The hush puppies were the best we have had and the vegetables medley served with the mahi was superb. Our waitress suggested the deep fried strawberries for desert and that is the first time we have ever had them. They were incredible. The place was clean, the food and service was absolutely excellent and we will be back again.

• Visited October 2013
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Consistently great!”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I have eaten at McAlwees on all of my 17 trips to Tybee. It is consistently a favorite of my family. We almost always order the 2 lb. crab plate, never a disappointment! The Crab Dip is great! The fried shrimp is consistently good. Sometimes slightly slow food delivery, but worth the wait. Free parking (not available at all restaurants on Tybee) and reasonably priced.

Covington, Georgia
“Good food”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

I enjoyed a good meal at MacElwee's recently. There is not much in the way of atmosphere but the service is friendly and attentive, the food is good, and the prices are fairly reasonable.

1 Thank vgp95
Andrews, North Carolina
“Fried Shrimp”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Very pleasant staff, although very busy with large table. The shrimp and slaw and hushpuppies were very good. Baked Potato seemed a little cold but all in all it was good and would definitely come back.