“Fresh Seafood!”

MacElwee's Seafood
Ranked #18 of 54 Restaurants in Tybee Island
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Atlanta
“Fresh Seafood!”
Reviewed September 21, 2013

My family are big shrimp eaters, and we ordered the shrimp prepared in several ways, including bacon-wrapped, crab-stuffed shrimp; shrimp scampi; fried shrimp; and shrimp creole. It was all very fresh and tasty!

The service was excellent, with several servers checking on us frequently. Our server even recommended the cheaper way for beer (a pitcher instead of 3 individual glasses). Then, too, she stood up well to my FIL's relentless teasing (kudos to her, since it has taken me almost 20 years to get used to his teasing!).

Macelwee's was pretty much packed the entire time we were there...a sure-fire sign that a restaurant is good! I gave it four stars because it was pricey to me ($181 for 4 adults, 1 teen, and 2 children), but I am a stickler on price. I will return when on Tybee again, however; the food and service is that good.

• Visited September 2013

Atlanta, Georgia
“excellent food and service”
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Fried oysters and stuffed flounder were cooked perfectly. The crab soup was delectable and a house special. Service was excellent.

Savannah, Georgia
“D-licious”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

We went there at around 1pm on Sunday and there was no one there. We thought maybe we had made a mistake. However, the food was awesome. We started with the crab stuffed mushrooms. No complaints at all. My husband had the fish dinner and I had steamed shrimp and crab legs. It was SO good. Now I'm craving a return visit. I thought it was slightly more expensive than other Tybee restaurants, but not extremely so. I'd highly recommend this place. Our waitress was great and attentive, although she didn't really have anyone else to worry about.

Augusta, Georgia
“Great Steaks”
Reviewed September 14, 2013

Have been here before for seafood,decided to try a steak,best steak ever at beach. Was scared to try a steak at first because of bad experience at Fannies......bad steak and they just did not care. Bad service and food at Fannies all around.........MacElwees made up for it 100%!!!!!!!!

Springfield, Missouri
“Great local eatery!”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

To me, service is as important as the food... And this place was great with both... Friendly staff that was personable with prompt attention and good food in a comfortable environment.. What more could you want? My only negative comment would be I wish the menu was a little deeper for non-seafood people, or perhaps, offer more options that don't include frying all of the seafood... But, it's a restaurant near the beach in the south, so it's to be expected. My family loved their seafood and I loved my burger.