“Not bad but not the best!”
Review of MacElwee's Seafood

MacElwee's Seafood
Ranked #18 of 54 Restaurants in Tybee Island
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Columbia, Missouri
“Not bad but not the best!”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

After driving for 8 hours my party of 6 was starving! We checked in in our hotel and asked around and people said to go to MacElwee's instead of The Crab Shack. We walked in with no wait and got a table. The people were very nice. The sweet tea was really good. I order fried flounder and it was good. I've had better but it wasn't bad. If I'm ever in Tybee again I might come back.

Dickson, Tennessee
“Not worth a special trip”
Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

You walk up and there is a chair by the door, sign in and wait. I don't care for that. Once we got seated, the server was great but the food was very pricey and average.

Jasper, Alabama
“Great food!”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Our party of 6 enjoyed our meals and the atmosphere. The server was ok..I don't remember any problems other than waiting about 20 mins for a table..nice evening waiting on the patio though..not a big deal. The salads were good..the crabby dip was good..I had a special that night..it was tortellini with crab and shrimp..I believe? Anyway, it was very good..we would eat there again. Overall it was good! I look forward to the next time!

Albertville, Alabama
“Nice meal out in a cozy, relaxed atmosphere”
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Initially went to Dolphin Reef but it was not to our liking so came to MacElwee's just before a big storm hit. Was a really enjoyable evening, just be prepared to eat fried food! Desserts were not impressive but service was good, atmosphere was relaxed and we didn't have to wait or drive all the way back into Savannah.

Visited June 2013
Hillsboro, Ohio
“great service”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

very attentive waitress,our food very good,was in walking distance to hotel,for some prices may be a negative

Visited May 2013