“Simple, good food”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed July 25, 2014

The Sunrise is your best bet for simple basic breakfast foods. They have a buffet as well as regular menu options: eggs, pancakes, waffles, grits. Good food, fast service, great prices.

Reviewed July 24, 2014

I don't frequent IHOP, but when I do, like as a breakfast stop on a motorcycle ride, I'm always amazed at how they manage to efficiently and satisfactorily feed the scores of people who just drop in from nowhere, kids and all. Sunrise, which operates in a tourist area where there are lots beachgoers with lots of kids and all, doesn't come close. Maybe during the off season, but not now. A dozen of us riders from a coastal plantation appeared there one weekday at around 9:30am for breakfast. Although I got there 15 minutes afterward, our group was still sitting there whining about not even having gotten their required coffee fix. The waitress finally appeared and told us that anything ordered from the menu might take a half hour. Even though a few items looked pretty interesting (e.g., a seafood omelet), everyone opted for the buffet... which is customary for bikers anyway. Unfortunately, the buffet [photo] was mostly empty or contained fried items of uncertain origin. After having a line of people wait ten minutes or so, some scrambled eggs were brought out, but they were seriously undercooked. So we all scarfed up what we could, paid our bill ($13 for the buffet plus coffee plus gratuity) and rode off. Whomever would say this is a "great breakfast place" hasn't been around very far. If you have the time to wait and aren't in a big group, check out the Breakfast Club nearby, which is much better. Other than that, Tybee Island doesn't off many very good options.

Reviewed July 18, 2014

As I walked to the main street, I talked to a local that referred me to this restaurant. They had good menu options for breakfast, but I thought they were a little rigid with their menu. I asked to substitute pancakes for french toast, but I had to order an entire order of french toast. The food was not that great. No taste on the french toast. I ordered the shrimp and grits and it was pretty bland to me. The coffee wasn't very good nor the service. I don't know if I would eat their again. I will probably try some other spots on the island!

Reviewed July 18, 2014

This is one of the best places for breakfast on Tybee. Nothing fancy but absolutely the best food around. And…they do not have those expensive island prices. You can choose from the menu or got straight for the buffet. Either way you will get good food with fast service and a whole bunch of friendly people. They open at 6:00 so you have a couple of hours before you have to start paying for parking. Tybee is a “pay-to-park” community so always have bunch of quarters or your credit card handy. Parking is $2 per hour with a two hour minimum using a credit card.

Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

Great place for breakfast. Friendly service, good food both off the menu or buffet. Worth a visit. Convenient location on Butler Avenue.