“Shrimp and grits app” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of A-J's Dockside Restaurant

A-J's Dockside Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 54 Restaurants in Tybee Island
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Scenic view, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Shrimp and grits app”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2014 via mobile

Aug 11,2014. We went by here today and had a beer and the shrimp and grits appetizer. Awesome !! Service was good. We went around 4pm, not a big crowd. Parking is somewhat tight. Small dining area. Lot of beers available

1 Thank Ks2828

Summerville, South Carolina
“Never again”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2014

We went to A-J's Dockside on our recent trip to Tybee. We got there a little after the lunch time rush.. We thought since it was a nice day, we'd sit on on the water and enjoy the scenery. The weather was very humid and hot. There was one fan going on the deck. We ordered our drinks and some appetizers. Our waitress was very nice and did a good job. We ordered chicken wings with cajun seasoning and buffalo shrimp. When the food was served, it was like a swarm of flies started attacking us. I picked up my chicken wing and noticed there were several hairs(feathers) sticking out of it. After inspection, I noticed that on all the wings. My husband said the buffalo shrimp was good. This was not a great dining experience for us. The combination of the heat, the flies and the feathers on the wings were not appealing. As mentioned in previous reviews, the parking is tricky and they are only about 4 tables inside. We probably won't go back.

• Visited August 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Tybee Island
“Amount of Food served”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2014

My Wife and I ordered Shrimp & Fish For Two . When the Food arrived my Wife and I Both Looked at each Other , The Food On The Plate was barely enough for one Person Much Less Two. What Food there, was Good . Rarely Do I Leave A Resturant Hungry, But That Night I Did !!!

• Visited July 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Atlanta, GA
“Just fine”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

My family and I ate at AJ's during our vacation. Just about everything listed in the menu starts with "fried", but we called and confirmed that most items are also available grilled. I had a fish special that sounded great, but tasted rather bland. My wife had the same experience with the grilled Mahi. My 2-yr old go the children's grilled shrimp and it was delicious. The shrimp were cooked perfectly and very tasty. My wife and I both regretted not getting the grilled shrimp.
Overall our meal was fine, but certainly not what I would consider "great" seafood.

1 Thank RKPhoto
Little Rock, Arkansas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very nice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2014

Loved the atmosphere and the food. We sat outside on the dock and ate. Food was good! I had a fish po-boy that was very good. I will go back again! Only bad is small parking lot! Hard to get in and out.

Visited July 2014