“Good food, fun place to eat!”

A-J's Dockside Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 55 Restaurants in Tybee Island
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Takeout
Reviewed April 4, 2014

We visited AJs with our family recently. We sat on the screened-in porch (the gnats were too bad on the open porch). The restaurant sits on the sound side of Tybee Island so the views are very nice, right on the water. Our server was very friendly and our food didn't take too long to come out. I would describe the seafood here as average to good. There was nothing wrong with food, just nothing spectacular. It was a fun place because it sits on the water. My son had chicken wings which were good. We also tried buffalo shrimp and it was good too. Overall, I'd go back for the fun atmosphere.

Reviewed April 4, 2014 via mobile

We ate here one time and got take-outs twice!( wanted to watch NCAA Basketball Tournament ) Yummy Seafood!! The peel-and-eat-un-shrimp are delicious ! Cocktail sauces great too! We also ate Oyster PO Boy, Side Salad, Jambalaya , and 2 kids Fried Shrimp dinners!!! Delicious !!! This is out favorite place (and Sundae Cafe and North Beach Grill) Also eating on outside Boat Dock on the water at AJ's is fun for all!! And don't forget to eat their homemade Key Lime Pie!!!

Reviewed April 3, 2014

The staff was stiff and not at all friendly. The food was okay. Certainly not great. The value was also just so-so. The kids hamburgers were cooked to almost black. May have just been an off night.

Reviewed March 30, 2014

I read several favorable reviews for AJ's Dockside before I arrived on Tybee. I knew I wanted to try it out. We ended up going for lunch.(They are not open every day for lunch so check first) We sat outside on the deck which overlooks the water. We were told it has one of the best sunset views on the island.Since we were here for lunch, we did not experience that first hand. I ordered the shrimp po'boy. It was really good. Also enjoyed the fries. Friends said the cole slaw and potato salad was good as well. Several in our group had the blackened Mahi-mahi po'boy and said it was yummy. Service was very pleasant and made sure we had everything we needed throughout our meal. It was a good meal with a nice view!

Reviewed March 29, 2014

We have eaten here several times while in Tybee and have not been disappointed. I had the oyster sandwich and it was amazing! Huge, delicious oysters covered my sandwich. We also had a couple different fresh fish options and loved everything we ordered. We always sat outside so we could be near the water. Just make sure you get an umbrella or it will be hot. We will go here again when we head back to Tybee. It is our favorite food stop.