“Great food”

Ranked #9 of 55 Restaurants in Tybee Island
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Our food was very good and the location is absolutely breathtaking! Would have given a five but the service was not very good. We sat down right away but waited a very long time to receive our food. Also, it is a bit pricey for what you get.

Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

Love AJ's!!! The food is awesome and the view is spectacular!!! Lots of fresh seafood and friendly servers. We squeezed in two dinners in only a week!!!!

Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

Food here is pretty good. Service was a shorthanded but we were taken care of. Sit outside on a nice day and watch the rental boats and kayaks come in and out!

Reviewed July 3, 2013

A-J's Dockside is not on the main drag on Tybee Island. Instead it is set in an almost residential area at the end of 14th street. We found it by asking a local what the best restaurant on Tybee Island was. He was right. Its a very unpretentious place that looks small when you go in but which spreads out to a wonderful dock with lots of tables. I had fried shrimp. I can say that it was the best shrimp I have ever eaten. It was like they caught it five minutes ago and cooked it just for me. Very colorful place, a little avant garde, a little funky, but a fabulous highlight of our trip to Savannah.

Reviewed July 2, 2013

I had the scallop and shrimp meal with potato salad for lunch. I'm not a fan of fried food but it was very lightly breaded. It was yummy and a great island vibe! The atmosphere was welcoming and I plan to return soon. We were also able to rent kayaks there and had a sweet time on Little Tybee.