“Just missed the sunset - still worth the trip!”

A-J's Dockside Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 55 Restaurants in Tybee Island
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Takeout
Columbia,SC
“Just missed the sunset - still worth the trip!”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

A-Js is famous for their sunset view - we arrived just after sunset. Didn't matter though - we still had a great meal. From the appetizers to the entrees it was delicious. The only thing I was disappointed in were the hush puppies. They had live music, too, and it was really good! This is a really fun place with quality food. Right on the water - you can't lose!

Visited January 2013

Fort Stewart, Georgia, United States
“It's OK...but NOT the Best or the Best in Price....”
Reviewed December 30, 2012

We heard awesome reviews about this place from the "locals" but when we tried it, we had a different opinion. My husband's food was cold and he said it had no flavor. My potato salad & coleslaw were awesome but my scallops were small in portion. We thought it was a bit pricey for the portions we all got and our kids didn't like any of the food. Maybe it was poor because it was the "off season" in early April, but we were not happy with price of the meal for a LUNCH and the amount of food we received.

Visited April 2012
Crossville, Tennessee
“Food was good”
Reviewed December 16, 2012

Food was good, pricey though. I liked the atmosphere, and the people were friendly and we had good service.

Visited December 2012
McMinnville, Tennessee
“The best seafood on the island”
Reviewed December 13, 2012

While visiting Tybee my wife and I visited a small gift shop and in casual conversation with the owner I told him we were going to go and eat afterwards did he have any suggestions being he was a local. He said for my money go to A-J's Dockside. So I found it on the little map and we drove by, well let me tell you we could find anywhere to park, there was just no where. With that we decided to go the next night but go a bit earlier, it worked and we then found out why there was no parking. We were treated to some of the finest seafood dining I have had anywhere. We sat out on the dock, ate our food and watched the sun go down on the water, you cannot ask for any better than this place. It is a must go if you visit Tybee Island.

Visited March 2012
Washington, Georgia
“Beautiful sunset spot”
Reviewed December 9, 2012

We walked here from the beach and its a little ways from the busy downtown area. Parking is very limited so I would recommend walking if you don't mind a little trek across the island. Only about 5 or 6 blocks from Tybrisa St. The beers were cold and the Conch fritters were fantastic. If you are here around Sunset, sitting outside is a must! The restaurant is right on the water and the sun sets right behind it. Gorgeous! This seemed to be a favorite local hangout and all the locals were ordering the Crab soup. We didn't stay to try it because we weren't very hungry after the Conch Fritters, but its on my list to try when we go back.

Visited December 2012