“Always a Good Choice”

Ranked #7 of 55 Restaurants in Tybee Island
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Takeout
Reviewed September 24, 2012

AJs never disappoints. Not only is it fun to sit on the dock outside during a sunset, the food is awesome! I usually have the scallop platter and my husband gets the flounder. It's delicious every time. No complaints here.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,565)

Reviewed September 24, 2012

We chose to dine here after reading the great reviews, we were disappointed. The views from the dock are great, but the menu is not. The fried shrimp and oysters were good, but the grilled Mahi and chicken were dry and over-seasoned. Hushpuppies had great flavor, but were over-fried and served at room temp. The salad and dressing were also room temp. The mashed potatoes were so full of pepper that was all you could taste. The service was poor and the employees were not friendly. We ordered before 4 other tables were even seated and they all got their food first.

Reviewed September 23, 2012

I was really excited to try this place given it's reviews and the fact that the locals seem to really enjoy it. My husband and I went there and were really disappointed. While the service was good, the food was lackluster. We decided to split a dish that advertised a variety of fried goodies: shrimp, scallops, oysters, etc. For the price of the platter, we expected that there would be enough to split. When the food came out, despite the menu saying everything was prepared to-order, it was soggy and lukewarm. The breading on the scallops fell off the minute you picked one up, and the shrimp was overcooked. Frankly, the fish tasted like it had been previously frozen. The fried foods all tasted like the fryer grease had not been changed in a few days, and I couldn't get that old gross taste out of my mouth for a few hours after the meal. We will not be going back.

Reviewed September 22, 2012 via mobile

The location was beautiful at sunset. But wear some bug spray. The gumbo was really good. And the watermelon margarita was amazing

Reviewed September 20, 2012

It was nice. I was told to go there for the sunset....and it was beautiful. I got the crabcakes. It was good but I have had better, expecially for the price.